Really disappointed with the EX2 apps

To each his own!

I think I may have mis-spoken regarding drive sleep. My NAS actually isn’t set to sleep; because I have been wondering how it “wakes up”. I do know that my drives are not being hammered. . . because PLEX does not been updating the library often, if at all. On the NAS, I only have one or two folders in the libraries.

Makes me want to experiment when I get home . . .which won’t be for a little bit.

I can understand NOT converting all the MKV’s to MP4’s. I primarily do it because I want the MP4’s to be available to tablets DIRECTLY (either via twonky or on the tablet itself. I also stream from Sandisk Connect devices. . . which do not transcode). And I do have a spare PC, which I can setup to convert three to five movies over the course of a day then will turn itself off when done.

Yes - - - I do not put any videos into iTunes. Although. . .frankly. . . it sounds like Plex, infuse and iTunes all do the same sort of thing in terms of organizing movies. I only use ITunes for music, and only because I have an iphone and an ipod. I usually stream music from the ipod. Sometimes I stream from a PC, but when I do that I chose windows media player direct to a networked stereo that WMP can see directly.

1 Like