ReadyView Camera config over IP network

I’m looking to take the ReadyView 4x8MPix camera kit and rather than connecting the cameras directly to ports 1-4 on the NVR box I need to extend the cameras over an IP network, involving both HomePlug-AV (to network over power lines) and a POE switch (to add power to the cameras).

My question: has anyone connected more than one camera to a POE switch, and then run those two(+) camera IP streams from the POE switch using ONLY ONE CABLE from the POE switch back to ONLY ONE port on the NVR box? Does the NVR box recognize that it has 2+ cameras connected even though only one port is connected on the NVR? Are there any limitations there? Do you have any advice on configuration steps related to Static-IP/DHCP configuration to achieve this?

There would actually be no other devices on this network as it would be entirely exclusive to the NVR and cameras, so would the NVR actually provide DHCP services and whether I use 4 cameras one 1 port on the NVR (via the POE swtich) or whether all 4 cameras are directly connected is irrelevant and this all works just like normal network gear?

Thanks,
Roland.

It should work, but I believed you would have to manually add the camera in the camera setup section. If your NVR support 8 cameras then you can only add up to 8 cameras. The NVR should able to release the IP addresses to those 4 cameras. Like I said you would have to manually add those cameras in the camera setup section. Good Luck.

I posted this in another thread about this same topic. I copied it to here.

1. This assumes you have already connected all cameras to the NVR and they’ve been registered and given IPs to the unit.*
  2. Download WDRVTool, and run (this can be a useful tool to find the cameras)
  3. Plug computer into NVR port (1-8). It will auto-negotiate a 172 address.
  4. Let’s do ONE CAMERA AT A TIME… disconnect all cameras except one. It can be in ANY port.
  5. Go into NVR menu screen
    a. Go to CAMERA
  6. Identify LOCAL NVR IP of camera to change
    a. Ie. 172.16.0.xx
  7. Open a web browser, go to that address
  8. User/pass is: admin… default pass is Readyview123, however if you changed the password to the NVR already, then use that.
  9. Click SETUP (on top), NETWORK, then ETHERNET
  10. BEFORE changing the IP here, change the IP on the NVR to your desired IP.
    a. If you don’t the NVR will keep changing the IP back to its private segment automatically
    i. Took hours to figure that one out.
    b. On the camera page, click on the GEAR of that camera
    c. Change PLUG AND PLAY to IPADDRESS
    d. Enter the IP ADDRESS and click SAVE
    e. The camera will now show disconnected, but you can still get to it through the web page through the original address… 172…….
  11. On the webpage, change the IP address, subnet, and gateway. Click SAVE
  12. Wait a minute… then you can move the camera to your PoE switch.
  13. I kept hitting REFRESH on the WDVRTool to confirm when the change was successful.
1 Like