Re: WD making fool of there customers

I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER SINCE 2009 AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY WD LIVE PLUS HUB, HOWEVER I AM SORELY DISSAPOINTED THAT THEY HAVENT ADDED MORE APPS…I AM STILL WAITING FOR SIRIUS/XM AND GBTV AND OTHER GREAT APPS THAT ALREADY EXIST. I LOVE MY NETFLIX AND HULU APPS BUT THERE SHOULD BE MORE TO ENTERTAIN US. :wink:

Out of interest it appears that your caps lock is stuck on. I would worry more about that then further apps.

Dude, I would also check your grammar.

richUK wrote:

Out of interest it appears that your caps lock is stuck on. I would worry more about that then further apps.

:laughing: 

I thought I was the only one that does not like it when people write like this…

ERICMAC200 wrote:> I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER SINCE 2009 AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY WD LIVE PLUS HUB, HOWEVER I AM SORELY DISSAPOINTED THAT THEY HAVENT ADDED MORE APPS…I AM STILL WAITING FOR SIRIUS/XM AND GBTV AND OTHER GREAT APPS THAT ALREADY EXIST. I LOVE MY NETFLIX AND HULU APPS BUT THERE SHOULD BE MORE TO ENTERTAIN US.  :wink:

seems like a good idea… I’m sure WD will keep adding the best apps out there to keep the Hub on the competition

Must of the apps you have suggested have been requested, jump in to the ideas forum and give them kudos

How about instead of adding more apps, they fix current bugs and make the media player as perfect as possible?

Yes, WD seems to be stuck on adding more services. Fix the current bugs so we can actually use our media player. I do not own the Hub… I own the SMP, and it has some serious issues. Pretty sure it won’t ever be “perfect” but I would atleast like to browse my media library without it rebooting everytime I scroll through my movies. WD did reply and said that it would be fixed in the upcomming firmware release. Not sure why WD can’t get this right, but its pretty sad.