Re: Full Screen?

Is there a way to achieve full screen video viewing without zooming and panning? Thanks.

That is not possible. I would also like to do that but currently, we can’t. I already suggested that in the Live Hub Ideas more than 2 months ago ( http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/Stretch-Video-to-Fill-the-Screen/idi-p/121496 ). I am hoping they can include that in the future firmware release.

What are you guys talking about? This is typically a setting on the TV. Look for a button on your TV remote that says Pic Size, Aspect or something like that. Mine gives me like 7 different choices and I can always find one that fits just right.

Miami_Son wrote:

What are you guys talking about? This is typically a setting on the TV. Look for a button on your TV remote that says Pic Size, Aspect or something like that. Mine gives me like 7 different choices and I can always find one that fits just right.

This is not a typical TV setting. Some TV may have that feature of adjusting aspect ratio but some doesn’t. Technically speaking, its all about video resolution or aspect ratio. If your hub’s video setting is either 720i/p or 1080i/p which has an aspect ratio of 1.78:1, any video you watch that doesn’t match or is not close to that aspect ratio produces black bars on the sides of the screen. What the hub doesn’t have that I suggested they would include is the ability for the hub to stretch the screen to match the hub’s aspect ratio so that the video will fit the whole screen without cropping any sides of the screen like the VLC media player’s feature to stretch the video in the PC.

I’m just curious…   Why would anyone want to deliberately distort the video?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

For me, I prefer the video to be stretched than having black bars on top and bottom of the screen because I like watching on a large screen but having those black bars makes me feel that I’m watching on a smaller TV. In my eyes, the distortion in stretching is just little like the characters looks taller but that doesn’t bother me.

b0y0ng99 wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

For me, I prefer the video to be stretched than having black bars on top and bottom of the screen because I like watching on a large screen but having those black bars makes me feel that I’m watching on a smaller TV. In my eyes, the distortion in stretching is just little like the characters looks taller but that doesn’t bother me.

You are definitly right and you really don’t understand how annoying it is until the bars do show up. This is by far one of my most wanted requests. I hope we can see this happen.