Re-direct to Oracle / Java page

I have Java 7 Update 45 running on my Windows 7 Home Premium computer with Internet Explorer 11. Everytime I try to connect to my share over the web, I’m redirected to the Oracle page. What version of Java should I have?

that just means you need to update java to the lastest version.

Jave 7 Update 45 is the latest version. I’ve also gone in and removed all previous versions of Java. I forgot to mention that I can connect using Mozilla Firefox, just not IE. I’d rather use IE and this is getting annoying. I know it has to be an internet setting of some kind, I just can’t figure out which one. Please help.

It’s an issue specific to IE11. Lots of folks reporting it… Not just WD users.

1 Like

Sounds about right. I was good to go until I updated my computer. Guess I need to revert back to IE10 or sooner.

Or try a different browser… FF, Chrome…

A different browser is not the point. I want a solution to the browser I use. WD should be developing solutions for the web browsers currently in use. Users shouldn’t be changing their applications to conform to WD.

When new software is release, it takes sometime for all vendors to release updated firmware to support it.

In this case, if a new version of the browser YOU updated does not work, but older version does, you have two options:

• Wait for WD to release a new firmware (could be months)

• Install and try another browser (5 min solution)

• Or revert back to old version

One of my previous responses states that this problem doesn’t exist with Mozilla. The point of me contributing to this community is to log errors for WDs visibility and see if anyone else discovered a solution. Using another broswer is not a solution to the problem with IE11, but thanks for your input. It is a work-around that I will have to use until someone else finds the actual problem and develops an actual solution.

Narada wrote:

A different browser is not the point. I want a solution to the browser I use. WD should be developing solutions for the web browsers currently in use. Users shouldn’t be changing their applications to conform to WD.

The problem lies with oracle and IE11, WD isn’t responsible. Give Chome a shot once you do you’ll never go IE again.