Re: DeVicious Theme & Movie Sheets

Hi DeVicious,

thanks for the prompt response.

Let me give you a little bit more details.

1. Using firmware 2.07

2. I’m not connected to the internet since my livehub is connected to the tv in the living room. I don’t have a router at the moment. Could this be a problem? If it is, is there any workaround? It’s kind of weird that in order for me to view the moviesheet, internet is needed.

3. I followed the filenames exactly

4. Followed the settings of the thumbgen exactly the same as the screenshot you posted

5. I did upload the demo folders and livehub still doesn’t show the musicsheet. I guess the problem is with point #2. Now i have to buy myself a router.

Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

nuraf wrote:

1. Using firmware 2.07
  1. I’m not connected to the internet since my livehub is connected to the tv in the living room. I don’t have a router at the moment. Could this be a problem? If it is, is there any workaround? It’s kind of weird that in order for me to view the moviesheet, internet is needed.

Hi Nuraf, The Live Hub needs an internet connection in order to display the movie sheets even when the movie sheets are located locally. This however only applies for themes with locally stored backdrops and when backdrops referring to a web adress. Tinwarbles themes and Joey Smyth themes should work fine.

There is however a walkaround but it only works 7 out of 10 times and it is so silly that I am not even going to recommend it since it requires you to compile a new library for each new file.

New Router it is, they are completely inexpensive nowadays. I just got myself a spare router in Germany for 29 Euros from Belkin which is fast enough for the Live Hub since the device comes with a 10 Mbit/s bandwidth restriction and any router can do this speed without a problem. If it is just meant for the Live Hub and you don’t intend to expand your network any further, go get yourself a cheap one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess I’ll get a better router. Seems that Dlink and Belkin are one of the recommneded ones. I’ll have to wait until November though since the prices at the ITShow are slightly cheaper. Until then I guess I’ll settle with no moviesheets.

Thanks for the advice! Truly appreciate it. :slight_smile: