Rclone: sync your files to cloud storage

Rclone is a command line program to manage files on cloud storage. It is a feature rich alternative to cloud vendors’ web storage interfaces. Over 40 cloud storage products support rclone including S3 object stores, business & consumer file storage services, as well as standard transfer protocols.

Official Rclone website

Rclone helps you:

• Backup (and encrypt) files to cloud storage
  • Restore (and decrypt) files from cloud storage
  • Mirror cloud data to other cloud services or locally
  • Migrate data to cloud, or between cloud storage vendors
  • Mount multiple, encrypted, cached or diverse cloud storage as a disk
  • Analyse and account for data held on cloud storage using lsf, ljson, size, ncdu
  • Union file systems together to present multiple local and/or cloud file systems as one

Download here
Source on github
Report issues

Notes:

• Login credentials (change them): mycloud - mycloud
  • it’s a script that installs the latest version of Rclone and the Rclone webgui.
  • not tested on ARM platforms like EX2Ultra yet (please provide feedback)
  • consider the installer part of this package to be in alpha status, it’s brand new.

Tags: S3, Box, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, B2, NextCloud, Owncloud, Webdav, OpenStack SWIFT, Yandex, Minio, Rackspace, … and more

3 Likes

Hi Tfl,

Great, thanks! I’ve managed to find the username / password for logging in: mycloud / mycloud
And I’ve already mapped my remotes!

Now, is there a way to automate the rclone backup? Maybe using cron? Could you give me some help, please?

Indeed, you could use cron to automate the backups.

Here’s an example to run daily backups at noon:
Save this snippet to /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/rclone_cron.sh.
Update it with the cron jobs you need.

#!/bin/sh

(
  crontab -l;
  echo "0 12 * * * rclone sync my_remote:some_path /shares/Public/my_remote";
) | crontab -

Don’t put it inside the rclone directory as you may lose it on upgrade of the package.

Now add this to /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/rclone/init.sh to update the stock crontab on reboot of the NAS.

sh /shares/Volume_1/Nas_Prog/rclone_cron.sh

You may find this helpful when new to crontab: https://crontab.guru/

Hi,
I have tried exactly what you described and successfully created a cron job. However, after a while the rclone job doesn’t show up in crontab -l anymore. What’s the best way to make it persistent? Thank you

thank you to share the app but the link you post is no longer available to download .
can you post a new way to download rclone for mycloud os5
thank you again !

Good afternoon, the link seems to be down, does anyone still have access to it? I have a NAS with several shared folders that I need to back up and rclone could be the solution, as the GoodSync that comes with it is 30 dollars a year in my case it would be complicated, since in Brazil this value would be x5 annually.