Rant! The perpetual Scans forever and ever and ever - frustrated with road rage type anger

I did make the mistake.

The feeling of frustrations is because I feel so ineffectual and that is an even bigger mistake because for years I’ve been posting up siding with WD to help users to get over their mistake in buying WD. Telling WD customers that if they only did this (ssh’ing into the device or turning off Cloud Access) that they would be happy… to find that it was all a lie, I was fooling them and I was fooling myself.

Turning off Cloud Access doesn’t make me happy because I would have no Cloud access on a Cloud access device but hey, at least it isn’t scanning. I remember that day very fondly when WD announced that they did give us a switch to turn off scanning by turning off Cloud Access and I thought, hey “maybe WD does care”… hah!

SSH’ing into the device and killing the jobs that scans, doesn’t make me happy, because I would rush to SSH into the device after each boot-up to stop the scans otherwise, back in the days, the device would be so overwhelmed by the scans that it would drop off the network. Been doing this for years and frankly, I’m tired of it.

I do feel so ineffectual :frowning: because I would study the script files hoping to find that one piece of code that can kill or run that would solve everything including rewriting monitorio.sh. A few weeks ago, I actually went through every job and methodically killed each one including “init” to see if the clicking would stop. Why am I doing this? Why isn’t WD doing anything? Does WD really think so little of their customers?

Are we simply whiners? Yup… I’m done… I’m not a whiner…

If only…

34%20AM