Ransomware

Hi Everyone, In March of 2020 my PC was attacked with a ransomware virus. The attack entered through an open router port that I used for Remote Desktop Access. They managed to lock one of my 2 hard drives with Bit locker. They wanted money in return for the password and the recovery key. I did not pay them. I contacted Microsoft but they couldn’t or wouldn’t help me. My question is this…Where does Bit Locker store the info about the locked drive? With only the locked drive installed, how does the PC know it’s locked? It has to be stored somewhere on the HDD. Would it be on the disks of the HDD or on the HDD PCB? If it is on the printed circuit board, could I replace the board or maybe flash the firmware?..My HDD is a WD 1600AVJS…Serial WCAV32166497. The PCB is 2060-701590-000 REV A. These are photos of the hard drive…

nowhere, you disk is for all intensive purposes useless. so wipe it and if you need remote access use a very strong account password

How do you know it is locked by Bit locker? What message you getting when you try to access the drive? You see locking the drive with Bit Locker is a lengthy process involving encripting all the files on the drive, security certificates, must put computer password…etc. It could be something else.