Randomly returns to menu

Hi, I have a problem with my player. It randomly returns to the menu while playing movies. I don’t believe its a problem with the files because I’ve played the same identical files before without this problem. It’s completely random. Somedays its worse than others, up to 5 times during a movie. If I notice it returning to the menu and manage to press the Stop button quick enough, I’ll be able to resume it from where it left, but if I can’t, it will restart the movie from the beginning and it will lose the resume location.

Any ideas? I don’t have the latest firmware because people seem to have even more problems with it. I haven’t seen anything in the changelog that fixes any issues like this either.

I really wish the device would do what its supposed to do. It would be such a great product if it wasn’t for this one problem.

Have you tried doing a hard reset by pressing the reset button next to the USB port for 14 seconds?

ragdexx wrote:

Have you tried doing a hard reset by pressing the reset button next to the USB port for 14 seconds?

You have to be careful when using the reset button. If you hold it for less than 10 seconds, it resets the device to factory defaults. However, if you hold the reset button for over 10 seconds, it also toggles the video output between PAL and NTSC. So, if you just want a reset, make sure that you hold down the reset button for less than 10 seconds.