Random freezes every 5-10 minutes never happened before

hi guys i’m having an issue with larger mkv’s (15+gig) when watching a file the video pauses every 5-10 minutes and the thinking arrow appears on screen for about 5 seconds then the video continues playing 5-10 minutes later freezing again, any ideas, nothing has changed on PC or WDTV, this is confusing me everything running over a gigabit switch, any ideas??

as this setup has been flawless for over a year all of a sudden this just started

many thanks in advance

I’m having the exact same problem. I’m still trying to figure this out. I have three WDTV live’s and they are all having this issue. Let me know if you come across any solutions. 

I have been having exactly this issue since the last 2 or 3 firmware updates.

FWIW - I am streaming MKV through a wired ethernet connection, using Twonkyserver on mac OSX 10.8.3

I am pretty sure the problem started immediately after one of the recent firmware updates.

Is there any way of downgrading the firmware to test this?

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/p/208,299/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2NDIwNTY1Mi9zaWQvdG44bXgxbWw%3D

sorry guys for not replying sooner been away, well i rolled the firmware back to the earlist allowable from WD, now i dont get the thinking arrow i just have the sound cut out and the video then speeds up immensly to play catch up, i have been using 3 of these devices for the best part of 2 years without issue now I can’t watch anything over 25 gig (file size) any idead, im trhinking its a firmware issue as files that previously played fine now stutter/jerk and pause

thanks

Same problem here. Only whole using Wd hard drives

ok well i’ve done a few firmware rollbacks and updates and nothing has fixed this issue, but now i can no longer change firmware (im going through the entire list in hopes i get a stable one for 1080p) i have changed the version in notepad but the player is not picking up the new FW on my USB any ideas, and is it at all possible that a WD rep can contribute as to why this has all of a sudden happened