Random Drop outs to Navigation-Menu while selecting Chars with the Remote

I wonder if someone else noticed this, but i have random Dropouts to the Navigation-Menu while selecting Chars with the Remote.

This is very annoying and happens while entering longer Strings with ethe Remote, doesn’t matter where i am it simply drops out to the Navigation-Menu and i have to start over again…

I have seen this as well. For me it happens when I am trying to refine the video’s file name so that the on-line movie database can find information. I haven’t been able to identify a repeatable sequence of events but it happens often enough to be annoying.

Yeahh, i think the first Time i noticed it was like you while refining eg. deleting at the end of the Filenames to get the Metadata… But it seems not to be limited there, its happening everywhere, especialy on longer Operations with the Remote, like entering Accountinfos for Pandora or entering the Username/Password and also Youtube Searching… Its sometimes hard to enter all the needed Info  without being dropped, so i try to be fast enough and not to loose to much Time, but its very random and not really predicable.

First i supposed something like wrong Codes sended from the Remote, two Codes that are not so clearly separated or something like that, but can be everything. Perhaps i should test it with an external Keyboard also to check if it is a Remoteproblem or happens with the Keyboard too, but i first must go buying one tomorow for that.

I have seen things like it, too, but I have NOT seen it since I started using my Harmony.

What I think is happening is accidentally hitting the BACK button, which is awkardly placed on the remote…

But, of course, if it’s dropping out to a place DIFFERENT then where the BACK button would go, of course that wouldn’t be the case.

But since the Harmony uses the same codes (learned from the Live+) I don’t think it’d be a IR Coding issue…

Yeah, it drops out to a place DIFFERENT then where the BACK button would go!

If i’m editing the Username/Password for the internal HDD-Access the Back Button don’t bring me to the Mainscreen but to the Settingsmenu i think, so its more like pressing Home accidently, what is not really possible while only pressing the Arrows… *lol*

I taked reallly care to not press the Back Button, it happens while pressing only Arrows, so its something strange, or the Code of one of or all Arrows are allmost the same as Home and is not allways detected correctly? Well dunno, but its annoying…

Well, HOME would take you to the MAIN MENU, not any Sub-menus.   Going back to the SETTINGS menu DOES sound like the BACK button.

Did i say it brings me to the Sub-Menu anywhere? No! I said to the Navigation or Mainmenu that is the Mainscreen, the one that comes when pressing HOME and also comes ater Booting it up. Hopefully its clear know where the Drop leads… Well, probably better i look for another Device because it starts boring me to wait that all the various annoying Bugs get fixed anyway, well WD seems ok for HDD’s but not really for Videodevices!

tm9ZL34UhIf68B2 wrote:

Did i say it brings me to the Sub-Menu anywhere? No!

Uhm,  YES!  >>>  the Back Button don’t bring me to the Mainscreen but   to the Settings menu i think

The Settings Menu is a SUBMENU.

Uhm, No!

If i’m editing the Username/Password for the internal HDD-Access → (Which is located in a Sub Sub Menu of Settings) —> the Back Button don’t bring me to the Mainscreen but to the Settingsmenu i think, so its (The Random Drop is) more like pressing Home accidently.

----

So what i mean is, the Random Drop IS NOT like pressing BACK, its more like HOME, because if it is like BACK then i would landing in the last Submenu or Settingsmenu not on the Mainscreen/Navigation/Mainmenu and completly out of anything, also  like it happens with pressing HOME.

Anyway i’m not pressing back accidently, it happens while pressing only Arrows, it happened so many Times, that i really watched exactly do not press Back accidently, but it dropped my, so pressing accidently Back is really out of the question here!

HEY tm9zL34uh…!!!

YOU’VE GOT A SERIOUS BAD ATTITUDE MAN!

WISE UP… PEOPLE ARE ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!

AN APOLOGY TO TONYPH12345 WOULD BE A START.

Well, if he don’t understand what i write, i need to clearly dissect everything, not my fault sorry.

I never said the Drops lead to a Sub-Menu but to the Main-Navigation, so that was an imputation to say i said it leads to a Sub…

So why should i need to apologize?

And anyway architectonic, no need to scream, thanks!

This has happened to me before exactly like nschlueter describes.

Yeah this happens ALL the time…

If you do TOO MUCH TOO QUICKLY the Hub will drop back to the main menu.

Very annoying, but it happens infrequently enough that not that many people would have felt the need to complain about it vocally.