RAID1 Partition possible GRAID 8TB windows 10?

My drive will only ever appear as one volume in Storage Spaces, even if I partition it in disk management. How is RAID 1 achievable?

@magpie99,

RAID is not created by partitions those are 2 completely separate things.

Depending on exactly which G-RAID you purchased, you convert it from RAID0 to RAID1 with a configurator on our website.

I bought G-Raid with Thunderbolt 8TB - it is not clear from the documentation supplied, nor on your website where this configurator is and what it is for. I think this is a nomenclature problem. I have already downloaded the format wizard and the G-Technology Asisstant - both of which simply replicate system functions and have wasted my time downloading, installing and testing. I appreciate your main market is Mac users but the route to RAID 1 with this product is all but impenetrable for a PC user

Does your G-RAID include USB 3.0 as well? If so then you need this: DOWNLOAD

You have downloaded and installed that you can configure the RAID to RAID1. After that you need to format the drive and it will be usable.

Thanks, that took most of the day to get to - perhaps a good idea to give some instructions thus in the box or in the manual pdf!?

I couldn’t agree more! Worst support for Windows that I’ve ever seen. I’m still searching for the Windows G-Raid with Thunderbolt Configurator. It’s not on the downloads for the product…