RAID Arrays attaching to a WDTV

I’m considering purchasing a 4 Bay eSATA array to run under RAID 5 attached to my WDTV. Has anyone done this / are doing this, and are there any issues I need to be aware of?

The array I’m thinking of getting has both USB2.0 and eSATA-300 connnections, I’m getting an eSATA 300 ExpressCard for my laptop, but I’m know I’m going to max out the internal HDD speed.

Are there any considerations at the WDTV end such as RAID configurations / HDD types (thinking of getting 4 x WD Caviar Green 2TB drives)?

Thanks in advance

Iain

Update on this one…

No, it doesn’t support it, I’m not sure if it’s a capacity recognition issue, a RAID issue or if it just doesn’t support the enclosure.

I the Windows world I had to upgrade to 7 in order to recognise the larger volume (i.e 64 bit) but I’ve struggled with the WDTV piece.

I’ve ended up using my array as a simple storage area with 6TB being server and am using a 1.5TB eSATA (USB, FW400 & 800) external drive as my transfer drive that I plug into the WDTV.

I think the next step is to go to WDTV Live and use the array as a network storage box…

I’ll let you know how I get on once this is in place.

Both.  2 TB single drive limitation and it doesn’t read RAID drives correctly.