Raid 10 in windows 7

alright i have a GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H it has built in raid can do raid 0, 1, 5, 10

i have 4 western digital caviar black enterprise raid edition 500gb sata drives setup in a raid 10 config i have install windows 7 successfully and run tests everything is running great only problem is that my windows rating went from 5.9 to 6.0 i thought it would go alot higher considering my setup but am i wrong to think this or is there something i am missing??? any help would be amazing thanks!

Maximum Windows 7 rating would be 7.9 for any category. For HDD’s 7.9 will be given to 10000 RPM 32MB buffer drives. I think enterprise grade drives are much slower than this. Raid 10 may have plus on this side but check Raid chipset or card drivers are 100% compatible for win7. You also need high grade short  SATA cables and 100% identical drives in Raid (including firmware) setup to achieve highest rating.

i purchased these drives at the same time from western digital for the purpose of building a raid with identical drives. i have also spoken with gigabyte the maker of my raid controler and its plenty ready for these drives in any of the raid 0,1,5,10 aray’s i gues im just trying to find a way to get more out of my system without knowing if its possible??

May be… if I were you, I would setup Win7 on a single drive (from RAID drives) with AHCI enabled and see what rating I would get. Then I would build a RAID set and see the performance gain.

IMO, two drive strip set wouldn’t show much of an improvement (e.g. double) compared to a single drive. In real world you may get 20~30% gain max.