QuickBooks Keeps crashing in windows 11

Due to its many valuable features, QuickBooks has become one of the most popular business accounting programs. Among the many different features. You might undergo the problem of QuickBooks keeps crashing or shutting down with or without an error message, and QuickBooks crashing most likely happens where the hard disk has bad sectors.

Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub’s Quick Fix my Program

Follow the instructions below to run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub and resolve the “QuickBooks has encountered an error and has to close” message that appears when opening a company file.

1. Get the QuickBooks file from the Tool Hub
  2. First, make sure QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
  3. Then, get the QuickBooks Tool Hub file from the downloads section.
  4. When you’re ready, double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
  5. Then, double-click the Tool Hub shortcut on your Windows desktop to launch it.
  6. In addition, choose Program Issues, then Quick Fix my Program.
  7. Finally, you can restart QuickBooks Desktop.

Delete/Rename QBWuser.ini file

1. Go to the directory where your QuickBooks QBWuser.ini files is located.
    Users[Your user name]AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks [year]
  2. In case you’re not able to see any folder, So you may need to “Enable show hidden folder”.
  3. Next, Secect the qbwuser.ini file and Press F2 key.
  4. Then Add OLD as a discreet extension.

Use Install Diagnostic Tool

1. Open the Intuit Tool Hub, select the “Program Problems” tab.
  2. Then, run the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool” and let it diagnose the issue. It can take up to 10 to 20 minutes.
  3. Close QuickBooks and restart your computer after the tool finishes running.

Update the Windows on your computer

An outdated Windows can also force the software to crash repeatedly due to compatibility. Your QuickBooks version may be facing difficulties while running on the old version of your windows, which results in software crashes. You can avoid these crashes by updating your Windows to the latest version available-

1. Go to the search panel located on the taskbar or access it from the Windows Start
  2. Type ‘Windows Update’ in the search panel and open Windows Update settings from the search results.
  3. Click on Check for Updates and wait till the system looks for an update.
  4. Select Download and Install after you see an available update.
  5. Reboot your computer after the Windows is updated and reopen QuickBooks.

In case the QuickBooks crashing issue continues, Please let me know in comment.

You may also read: QuickBooks Data Conversion Services

1 Like