Question with my "My Cloud WD 4TB"

Hi all, I have a problem or dout with my “My Cloud WD 4TB”, I have only less 1 TB usage with a lot picture, videos, music and backup Files, and when I restart my Cloud the Content Scan menu show me “ERROR” and the DLNA Media server is updating Database … and do not finish (around 3 hours in this status and waiting). Is ok that this process take a lot of time? and Is ok the message that appear in the menu Content Scan with “ERROR”.

Please help me with this issue and let me know if I need to do something.

This morning the process have finished but inthe main meni the Content Scan show me this : (Its take more 14 hours to Updating Dabase … A lot of time why??? )

And this is the message and screen whenI have run a simple test :

Please, help me with my new cloud drive I think that I have a issue or something It’s wrong.

Can you describe how you have the My Cloud set up?  Through a router, a switch?  And how did you access the UI?

I only connect My Cloud to my router Wireless with Eternet Cable and I do not have specific configuration in my cloud, I have two users and I have create folders and I have set up security in these floders that all.

I do not use a switch, I used a router Linksys.

I have access by my local machine that I have connected direct with my router. ( http://wdmycloud.local/UI/))

Please if you need more information please let me know… thx you very much

Did you get this error after updating to the newest firmware?  Also, how much data is on the drive, if you can remember?

Yes I have updated the new firmware Yesterday and this issue appear Yestarday but I do not know if the issue was for update the new firmware really.

The Data that I have in my cloud is around 102 GB no more.

Yeah, I just saw that you were on the newest firmware.  I will have someone contact you to help you with this.  It may be something simple that needs to be done, but I don’t do tech support so I’m not the guy for this.

Ok Do you know when they contact me? and by email or in this post?.

Most likely private message or email.  It shouldn’t be long.  Let me know how it went.

Are you able to show an image of your setup. I have a Linksys E2000 and My Cloud is connected to one of the four switch ports on it. See image below.

WDMyCloudLinksys.JPG

Both my computers have Windows OS7 SP1. I have not had any problems with my My Cloud.

When I updated to the latest firmware the total time to start the download, install and reboot only took about 35 minutes. I have Time Warner Cable internet with Turbo speed, average download speed is 22 Mbps.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Ok great, but I have a issue that I posted. The Cloud is working but the information in the menu does not work. I think that I have a problem and I need to fix it.

I had exactly the same issue after updating to the new firmware. I unplugged the MyCloud for a few minutes and then plugged it back in, allowed it to reboot, and then several hours later, the scan finally completed and now all is okay. I have had this happen before. Just restart the drive, let it reboot, and be very patient. It can take some time for the scan to complete and sometimes it shows error, but then it will continue to scan the mdeia files and finally the error goes away.

Hi, Bill Could you please help me? I team if the second level sent me an email for my problem, and he told me that he was call me but I do not have any call in my phone. I have a case register in WD, could you please help me to resolve my situacion as soon as possible.

I have call more than 5 twice to the 0800 WD and try to talk with the second level but never find the people that have my case.

Thank you very much

Gusta wrote:

Hi, Bill Could you please help me? I team if the second level sent me an email for my problem, and he told me that he was call me but I do not have any call in my phone. I have a case register in WD, could you please help me to resolve my situacion as soon as possible.

I have call more than 5 twice to the 0800 WD and try to talk with the second level but never find the people that have my case.

Thank you very much

I’ve pushed it over and will follow up to make sure you get called.