Question: WD TV Live Hub Media Center

with the WD live hub 1tb model, can you copy a video file from a USB key to say the 1tb drive on the built in drive with out a network connection or pc. or do you need a Ethernet connection or  to leave the usb drive connected in order to play the content?

I am looking at buying this for the idea that I Could load up the 1TB drive with video content from a usb key or drive, I would connect temporary for a data Sync to the WD Live hub drive. is this possible

Just asking.

jarrycanada, you are able to play files directly from a USB External Hard Disk Drive in a WD TV Live Hub HD Media Center, it does not require an active Network configuration for local media (Internal and USB Hard Disk Drives) playback.

Regards,

jarrycanada wrote:

with the WD live hub 1tb model, can you copy a video file from a USB key to say the 1tb drive on the built in drive with out a network connection or pc. or do you need a Ethernet connection or  to leave the usb drive connected in order to play the content?

I am looking at buying this for the idea that I Could load up the 1TB drive with video content from a usb key or drive, I would connect temporary for a data Sync to the WD Live hub drive. is this possible

Just asking.

Yes, you can do that.   You can use the User Interface to copy files from the USB device to the internal HD with no need of a network.

Once copied, the USB drive can be ejected and removed.

splendid thanks for your time and answer. 

jarrry