Question to WD Mods regarding Firmware Version 2.08.13

And the theme site is back down again. (10-03-11)

And to make a lier out of me, it’s back up again. (10-03-11)

Haha…  but seriously was it down for a while?

Yep, since sometime last night.  It was down for at least 10 to 12 hrs, and I know that it was still down around 10:00am EST.

That’s when I had posted on the Themes forum that it was down.  I don’t know when it exactly came back up, but after I posted it here I went to look and there it was.

Bill_S wrote:

Hey, I’m just hedging my bets, here.  But it really depends on what they’re working on and how testing goes.

Nothing is directed at you :smileyvery-happy:

I am sure it is the way you say, it depends on what they are working on and not on the urgency to fix basic bugs.

Tinwarble wrote:

And to make a lier out of me, it’s back up again. (10-03-11)

I smell burning pants :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, but someone else lit the fire.:smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy:  You guys are awesome.

haha :smileyvery-happy:

this thread is awesome,  Thought the recent firmware would have included the VUDU HD movie service, apparently it didn’t…It’s strange because I spoke with one of their tier 3 techs and they had the new WD Live and the Hub running the VUDU app and was surprised it was not available yet…I hope it will get released soon…

I’m betting the next “Service” they’ll add will be Ultra Violet.

flhthemi wrote:

I’m betting the next “Service” they’ll add will be Ultra Violet.

we are one bug away from a self destruct button :smileyvery-happy:

Bill_S wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

thank you Bill,

any info you can get would be appreciated right now coz I am sitting on the fence where to go with my theme at the moment and I know the others do too. Would really help to know if this particular system with autogenerated thumbnails will be the standard or if it will be reverted back to the old system.

I’ve been told that this should be fixed in the next firmware release. 

smells like burning pants again :smileyvery-happy:

After a first brief look it’s a good step into the right direction, local backdrops seem  A LOT faster, hope the next update fixes the thumbnail issue.

As in “liar, liar, pants on fire”?  I guess.  Maybe they were confusing which issue I was asking about.  Is there any update in the issue reporting exchange for the cropping?

Just kidding about the pants, I know it’s out of your hands :stuck_out_tongue:

I see no changes with the thumbnails, I deleted the existing ones and kept a few copies for comparing and it seems to be the same cropping error and bad quality.

Other than that I am quite pleased after testing it for an hour now.

Hey, what good am I if can’t take some ribbing.  But I am soooo glad to hear that it’s testing out well.  Cause now I can update mine.  :smileyvery-happy:

Bill_S wrote:

Hey, what good am I if can’t take some ribbing.  But I am soooo glad to hear that it’s testing out well.  Cause now I can update mine.  :smileyvery-happy:

Hahaha :smileyvery-happy:

I found a few minor things like the “loading” icon in my theme is being replaced by the default theme one but I am sure there is a way to fix that on my end. The locally stored backrops seem to load twice as fast as before.