Question regarding metadata

i’ve browsed the forums and haven’t found a straight answer to something i want to know before i upgrade my gen1 to the hub.

If i scrape a movie for xml and artwork and then disconnect from the internet will fanart background and scraped movie info still show up offline?

movie info and cover art will be saved in local hard drive (will work perfect without internet conection)…

background images allways need internet access…

The TEXTUAL Movie Info and the COVER ART are stored on the NAS or local storage; whereever the movie is.

But the BACKDROP images are loaded from the internet.  

So, if you disconnect, you’ll still have the “INFO,” and the Thumbnail, but no backdrops.

Thanx guys. It’s a shame the background image won’t stay, hopefully someone finds a way to do it.

vannostrom wrote:

Thanx guys. It’s a shame the background image won’t stay, hopefully someone finds a way to do it.

It’s not permitted.   The API agreement specifically states 

(application SHALL NOT Cache any TMDb metadata or photos other than for reasonable periods in order to provide your service.)

In other words, TMDB won’t allow the Hub to store them.   They have to be fetched every time they’re used.

So, the Hub does cache them for a brief period of time (for as long as you are viewing that movie’s metadata) but that’s it…

So is it the same with any player on the market? And why is the metadata being stored locally then, aren’t they breaching that API agreement?

Speaking of metadata will it read nfo data as my preferred scraper saves in this format?

Yes, it’ll read NFO, but the PLOT tag in NFO needs to be changed OVERVIEW.