Question RE PR4100 and VPN

I just got my PR4100 and everything is going fine so far. Setting it up was fairly easy, at least within my scope of knowledge about such things.

I like the idea of being able to use the onboard Transmission for torrenting. I don’t have to leave my older desktop on all the time to do that now.

I have read some conflicting things about the PR4100 and VPNs. Some have said there is a VPN already installed, but hidden. Is this true? If so, is it active all the time? Am I safe to download torrents using the built-in Transmission app without any other VPN

It does have a command line VPN client called openvpn. This client can be used to connect to your VPN provider of choice.
The best ones are ExpressVPN (which I use) and Nordvpn.

You can read this article to have an idea about the procedure:

Answering the the other quesiton, at this moment you’re not anonymous.

Usually, a reliable VPN will also have a large server network with P2P-optimized servers so that you can download torrents quickly without any difficulty. Also, a good VPN will use the most advanced encryption to secure your data. It will also ensure that the websites that manage your data will not be able to see where they are coming from, keeping your anonymity as long as possible. When finding a ufc stream is difficult, using a VPN service can enhance the process, making it easier to find a place to watch your favorite fights.