Question on WD My Book Live

Guys, I am very new to this WD products and networking. Please help me if you know the answers.

1. Should I have internet access to Hard drive. Can I connect to the router with out intenet? Will it work in this way?

2. If I purchase this My Book Live in Canada. What is the maximum input  volts to the adapter? Is it between 110 to 240 volts or maximum 110 volts?

Please do Reply.

Danny

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and click ‘Accept as Solution’ under options, for the post that solved your issue.

Good Day.

1. You will have internet access to the drive if you set it up in the system options for remote access and create a Wd2Go account through the drive set up. You will not be able to connect remotely to the drive if there is no internet service though! You can connect to it when you are home on your wireless (or wired) network regardless of internet status, since you wouldnt be using internet to access it, but your local network.

2. WD would have to comment, but according to the specs from their web site;

Power Dissipation

AC Input Voltage

100-240 VAC

AC Input Frequency

47-63 Hz
1 Like

Thank you very much for reply, I do not have internet in home, So still I can connect to the network and access, that will be great. I was looking for such option. So I would go for it.

Thanks Once again for your Reply. 

No problem, hope it all works out for you.

You do not need internet for theses device. You only need internet to access it remotely, so you will be all set to use it on your existing networking, regardless of wireless or not.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and click ‘Accept as Solution’ under options, for the post that solved your issue.

1 Like