Question on thumbnail scrolling xml code

Hello,

I’m working on a mod to the gallery browse page xml and would like to have 8 thumbnails in 2 rows of 4 columns.  I’d like these to scroll left/right and i’d like them to load one column at a time (instead of a “page” at a time).

I seem to have all that figured out, but I’d also like for the rows/columns to stay static if that makes any sense

[1] [3] [5] [7]

[2] [4] [6] [8]

In other words the thumbnails in positions 1 and 2 should STAY in positions 1 and 2 even after i’ve scrolled off that page.  With the existing code, while scrolling to the right, at a certain point the top row will start puilling from the bottom row, so in this example,  thumbnail 2 will show up in the upper row and then 4 so on . . . 

Here’s the code I’m using now:

<listbox valkey=“browselist” move=“row” cols=“4” rows=“2” lbmask=“ud” loop_scroll=“0” turbo_trigger=“8” turbo_multi=“8” autoenter=“1” fixed_scrolling_col=“1” hormove=“1” />

I figured the loop_scroll value was what i was looking for but no such luck :frowning:

Any advice?

If I understand you correctly, what you are trying to do can’t be done.  You can’t make one row stay static and page to the other row.

As you have it now you have 2 rows of 4 thumbs, using postions 0 - 7.  The firmware doesn’t see each row of 4 as a seperate entitey, it sees all 8 postions (0-7).  So when one row changes, the next row will also change and you can not change this behavior.

And some of the things you are changing like “loop_scroll” only have an on or off input (1 is on 0 is off).  And “loop_scroll” only controls whether it continuously scrolls, so when it gets the end of the files it “loops” back to the beginning.

Thanks for the reply!

Just to be sure we’re on the same page, I have a folder with 14 files, labeled 0 through 13.  Currently it displays like this:

[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]  [6]    [7]   [8]   [9]

[4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13]

(8 thumbs at a time)

I would like it to display like this:

[0] [1] [2]  [3]   [4]    [5]   [6]

[7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13]

This isn’t possible?

Thanks again.

Again, I’m not sure what you are asking.

The first way you have it is doubling postions 4-9, which would only happen if you are doubling the postions.

The second way is the normal way it should display if you have everthing in the xml set correctly.  You should not be seeing doubling of the postions.

But that is not what you asked in your first post. You were asking about making rows/colums static, which isn’t possible.

Hmmm.  Sorry I’m not explaining this better.

The previous layout was not meant to show a single screen, it was meant to show the entire folder’s contents as they displayed as I scrolled left/right, through the folder.  This (below) show’s what two “pages” look like as I scroll right.  The first eight thumbnails on the initial opening page, and then (after the red divider) what the second “page” looks like after I navigate far enough to the right.

[0] [1] [2] [3]  |   [4] [5] [6]  [7]

[4] [5] [6] [7]  |   [8] [9] [10] [11]

When I say “static” I don’t mean that these thumbnails should always be visible on screen, i mean i would like for them to stay in that order, even as they are scrolled off screen, 

I would like it to display something like this:

[0] [1] [2] [3] |  [8]  [9  ]  [10]  [11]

[4] [5] [6] [7] |  [12]  [13]  [ x]  [x  ] 

With the initial 8 thumbnails, maintaining their order, but being scrolled off to the left, as the remaining 6 thumbnails take their place on the 2nd page (the 2 x’s represent empty thumbnail postitions.

I’m assuming this isn’t possible, but was hopefull because there are no thumbs repeated during an up/down scrolling layout.  Different setup i guess . . . 

Thanks for your patience and help thus far!

Ok, so let me see if I’m getting what it is you are trying to do.

When you get to the end of one row, you want it to page to the 8 files.  So if you have 16 files in a folder, when you get to the end of either the 4 files on the top row or the 8 files on the bottom row it will display the next 8 files.

Is that correct?  If so, you can do that, try this:

<listbox valkey=“browselist” autoenter=“1” autoswitch=“1” move=“page” cols=“6” rows=“2” lbmask=“l” loop_scroll=“1” turbo_trigger=“10” turbo_multi=“10” hormove=“1” />

This only works as left to right scrolling, not up and down.  The main thing that does this is - move=“page”

This does actually solve the “problem” I have with repeating thumbnails.  Though I was hoping to be able to scroll by a single column instead of a page at a time.  Maybe i’ll just settle for this.  It’s probably less mind numbing than scrolling through videos 1 row at a time anyways, I just liked the smoothness of that better than the slight pause while loading a new page.

Any idea why scrolling by page doesn’t repeat thumbnails, but scrolling by column does?

Also, this seems to have introduced a sort of ‘glitchy scroll animation’ on the bottom row.  Whenever the new page of thumbs loads, the previous 4 thumbs kind of “glitchily” (is that a word? :stuck_out_tongue: ) zoom off the page to the left.  Any way to get rid of that?

Tinwarble posted this trick a long time ago. took some time for me to find but here it is:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Some-tips-on-theming/td-p/144024

Last post on page 1

Thanks drizz,

The specific one that your are looking for is this:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Some-tips-on-theming/m-p/168684/highlight/true#M1622