Question on PiDrive

Hello,

I would like to buy a PiDrive but I have an important doubt. I read in the FAQ that it must be used with the SD card provided, that the preloaded software must be installed.

Actually I have already set up my Rpi3 as NAS and it works perfectly so I will never start from scratch.

My question is if the PiDrive can simply be connected to the already configured unit, be formatted EX3 without any extra piece of software, as any other storage unit.

Thnaks,
Daniele

if you just want to use it as ‘storage’ then i can’t see why not that it wouldn’t work with your existing setup :confused:

just format it and stick it in like any other Hard Drive … i have a 340GB PiDrive works fine with my LibreELEC (Kodi) installed on SD Card.

Thanks for replying.

I found in the FAQ that the hard disk must be used with the SD card.

I have another small question. I am in Italy, if I order it online, where is it shipped from? US, China or Europe, shall I in your opinion pay import tax?

Thanks.

Of Course you “have” to use a SD Card because the contains the OS for the Raspberry Pi

Your orginal question was “Do i have to Use it with Provided SD Card from WD” ?

The Answer to that is NO … you can use your own

See Answer 6 for the 340GB PiDrive

See Answer 5 for the 1TB PiDrive

For Shipping related questions … i have no idea, i’m not a WD Employee. Contact WD

Thanks for the good news.

I am about to order, do you know what plug is equipped the official WD power supply with?

Daniele