Question before getting Live Hub

I’m hoping to get a live hub in the near future and have a  question before doing so.  I’ve read that it can scrap videos and they are displayed nicely on the tv in wall mode.  Will it also scrap videos from a network drive or upnp/dlna server?  Or will it just browse them in a file like manner?  I’m wondering if it only scraps videos from the local hard drive.  I don’t see myself using the drive much that is why I am asking.  I would prefer the wdl TV live+ but the hub seems to have a much nicer interface.  Currently I am using Playon and PS3 Media server with my Playstation 3.  Looking for something to nicely play my ripped bluray files without having to transcode.

Thanks

It can scrape from NAS just fine. But keep in mind, the scraping is NOT automatic…

Thanks for the reply.    Can you be more specific?  Is getting a hacked firmware required to do scraping?

hnate wrote:

Thanks for the reply.    Can you be more specific?  Is getting a hacked firmware required to do scraping?

There is no hacked firmware.

hnate wrote:

As rich said, there’s no such thing as hacked firmware for the Hub, yet.

I just said Scraping isn’t AUTOMATIC.   It’s MANUAL.   When you want Movie Information attached to a movie, you browse to the movie, hit the OPTION button, then select GET CONTENT INFO, and follow the prompts.  

The Hub doesn’t automatically go through your library and scrape metadata by itself.

Oh ok thanks.