Question about setting up My Cloud Mirror

Hi,

I have both a Windows desktop and a macbook on the same network.  Do I have to run the WD My Cloud Setup software on both machines?  I did so.  I also installed the WD My Cloud Desktop App on both machines.  Now on my Macbook, I can see two devices, one is My Cloud Mirror under device and the other is My Cloud Mirror under shared.  Is this normal? Do I have to uninstall the WD My Cloud Setup software on one of the machines? If so, how to do that on my Mac?

Thanks

llren wrote:

Hi,

I have both a Windows desktop and a macbook on the same network.  Do I have to run the WD My Cloud Setup software on both machines?  I did so.  I also installed the WD My Cloud Desktop App on both machines.  Now on my Macbook, I can see two devices, one is My Cloud Mirror under device and the other is My Cloud Mirror under shared.  Is this normal? Do I have to uninstall the WD My Cloud Setup software on one of the machines? If so, how to do that on my Mac?

Thanks

llren - I think that is perfectly normal. I don’t have the Mirror but have an EX2…and I didn’t install the software either. But my EX2 shows up under Network in Windows in three sections - under Network computers, under Media Devices and under Storage. It is basically the EX2 supporting various features that cause it to register under multiple categories. Nothing to worry about.

The fact that you are seeing it both under devices and under shared indicates it is working as expected. It has registered on your network and your Mac is seeing it both as a device and the Public share (folder) that come turned on your Mirror by default is likely causing it to show up under shared as well.

Thank you, Cybernut1! I feel much better now!