Question about Media Library

Working on the internal HD.

Does the media library rescan all previous folders when you add a few new folders & files?

After the recent firmware update, None of my playlists work and the media library update never completes.  White light on the front flashes constantly.  Choose a playlist and it finds nothing.

What now??

Well through frustration, I deleted all media files and playlists from the internal HD.  I copied all .mp3 starting with “A” to the music folder.  I created one playlist from those files and put them in a folder called"playlist".

This morning I went out to the shop and it was still compiling the media.  There is no way it should take 12 hours to compile 1.3 GB of files.

Can someone suggest what I should try next.

It all worked before this last firmware update, but does not now.

Well M3U playlists are definitely munged in this version.   I would see if removing the playlist files makes any difference.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Well M3U playlists are definitely munged in this version.   I would see if removing the playlist files makes any difference.

Is the M3U problem temporary? a result of the firmware download?

any reasonable alternatives?

Thanks,

sfnedo

I sure hope so…   ONly way around it right now is to roll back to the prior release (which I’m not going to do since the prior release screws up ISO playback)

I deleted all files from the \music folder except one album with 14 .mp3s.  Deleted all the playlists.  The media library still hung and compliled as long as I’d allow.

I finally just reformatted the internal HD and copied all albums starting with “A” from my computer to the WD Hub internal drive into the \music folder.  No playlist.  Media library compiled this in less that 30 seconds.  Everything works that I tried.  Something about the firmware update corrupted the media library.  The formatting of the HD fixed whatever that was.

I then added one folder, \playlist, and one playlist of one of the  albums on the internal HD.  Playlist is not found.

Tony, you are correct, the playlist function is broken.  Bummer.

Is there a way to roll back to the previous FW?

overdriv wrote:

Is there a way to roll back to the previous FW? 

Yup…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

I rolled back the firmware to the previous version, now the playlists work again.  I learned a lesson, don’t update firmware till you see how it’s doing in the wild.