Q for TonyPh12345 - re shared media library/DB

Hi TonyPh12345

I noticed that you mentioned you have several WDTV units… so I must ask, do you use the media Library function for all these and are they sharing the same media (and DB)…???

I saw your long post about this kind of thing but not sure if you got things sorted out…

cheers

CD

thanks for your obvious time and effort on these forums…

Yes, I use the media libray for all of them (so to speak) but I haven’t upgraded my Hubs to the version that causes the media librayr problem.  Only the SMP uses the NAS-based / Share-Based media libray.

BTW, you’re posting in the wrong forum.  The Live/Live+ don’t have Media Library for NAS, thus won’t ever have the problem.

thanks for your reply…

I have one HUB and just added one WDTV Live SMP…

and I thought all WDTV Live units were streaming media players ! but I see now that there is forums for WDTV Live SMP and seperate for WDTV Live\Live+, I was confused by the similar naming…

Anyway my WDTV Live ‘SMP’ does have the “media library for NAS” and I would like to use the media library for both the HUB and the SMP…

the SMP never finishes compiling the library, so I am assuming it is an issue as you mentioned in your long posting.

Q… Am I correct in thinking that if I backtrack the FW as you mentioned on the units I would be able to use the library okay or is my issue something else again ?

thank you very much for your advice…

CD

If you try to compile the media library with ONLY ONE of the devices on the network, and if that DOES work, then yes, you may have the issue.

But if that box can’t even compile it by itself, that’s a different problem.

The media library issue is only an issue when MULTIPLE boxes are trying to access the media library simultaneously.