I am from India and interested in purchasing HD media player but is confused between Playon ( HD or HD mini) and WD live.
Can you please confirm why WD live would be a better choice instead of PlayOn HD media player.
Following is what I need from player:
- It should play all formats and it variant ( like normal MKV, HD MKV, blue ray rip etc.)
- Should have the subtitle support, which are readable and displayed clearly on screen.
- Could play radio and lot of videos from internet sites like youtube, megavideo etc. should also have the functionality to take control of internet stream like fast forward, rewind etc.
- Should be able to play videos/ music/ images (picasa) from my desktop computer wirelessly and flawlessly.
- Should be able to play from 2.5"/3.5" external HDD and pen drive.
With regard to point (4), I am curious to know how to setup wireless streaming of contents from PC to TV using media player. My desktop has windows XP and I have Samsung 29" flatron TV. Broadband connection is through MTNL with 512 kbps speed . Will this be ok to stream movies and other files from my desktop PC to TV wirelessly? Is there any step-by-step procedure to achieve it?
I will be going to Thailand. If I purchase WD media player there, will I be able to transfer it’s warrenty to India and how?
Please help …