Purchased Videos in Youtube app

Does anyone know if this option will be be included in a future update? Or is this device too legacy? It would be nice to get it as you could then play purchased videos from Google Play.

The Hub is Sooooooo done, I put mine back in the box it came in and put it on the shelf next to my old Mattell Intellivision game console.

@ flhthemi - If you really have Intevision, that is just amazing. 

i still use my WDTV Live Hub just about everyday … in fact, just finished watch two 1080p 5.1CH movies on it tonight

worked perfectly … still happy to use it as my main media player :smiley:  * and still tinker with themes

have tried a couple on Android Media Players … returned them for a refund (poor / unreliable video playback)

* (this is the custom interface i’m running wip)

That looks startlingly like an XBMC skin.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

That looks startlingly like an XBMC skin.

of course it does  :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s my attempt at themeing the *old* Aeon Nox 4.0 (by BigNoid & phil65)  XBMC skin to the WDTV Live Hub ( and will work with the Live Streaming and 2014 Media Player … which the Screen Captures where taken on *ie. not mockups* )

foetus wrote:

@ flhthemi - If you really have Intevision, that is just amazing. 

I still have it as well as Atari, NES, Super NES, N64, Sega Genesis, Wii, PS1, PS2 and a PS3  (no PS4 yet). Most are in the box. Sitting on a shelf in the garage waiting for the “right time” if they are not in use. :wink:

flhthemi wrote:

I still have it as well as Atari, NES, Super NES, N64, Sega Genesis, Wii, PS1, PS2 and a PS3  (no PS4 yet). Most are in the box. Sitting on a shelf in the garage waiting for the “right time” if they are not in use. :wink:

i’ve got all of those too (except the Wii *eww* & PS4)  …

plus a Colecovision, Atari Lynx, Sega Saturn, 2x Sega Dreamcasts [i VGA Modded one of them], Panasonic 3DO (FZ-1), 4x XBOX original’s [all diy modded]  , Xbox360

My cousin and me have nice collection, and it is on display in city museum in our home town, all working.

I will post a photo as soon as I go and visit my parents.

JoeySmyth wrote:

i still use my WDTV Live Hub just about everyday… in fact, just finished watch two 1080p 5.1CH movies on it tonight

worked perfectly … still happy to use it as my main media player :smiley:  * and still tinker with themes

have tried a couple on Android Media Players … returned them for a refund (poor / unreliable video playback)

*  (this is the custom interface i’m running  wip)

same here :smiley:

i’m very glad to hear you are still busy in creating new themes for the hub. and - as usual - it looks very promising.

to ease my curiosity: do you have some music library screenshots???

bessa wrote:  to ease my curiosity: do you have some music library screenshots???

no, nothing much at this stage … music is always lowest priority (since creating musicsheets is a manual and laborious process) just did a simple 3x7 thumbnail grid … and just as sample i created a couple of musicsheets (manually) for list view (which is a “shared” view with movies and photos (and music)

First off, it’s an amazing device that seems to fit most if not all my needs. Why would I upgrade unless I had to? Just wondering if anything wouold be in the works… ever. 

UncleSwoop wrote:

Just wondering if anything wouold be in the works… ever. 

If WD are working on a new device then they’re not saying

And, if anyone knew, they would’nt be able to say anything either. eg. NDA (Non Disclousure Agreement)

Im not talking about a new device. I’m talking about the youtube app that’s already included in this device. But if this device is no longer recieving updates to any of its apps/firmware or device in general, that would be good to know.

@joey: thanks for the screens. and that’s exactly how i want my library to look like or even nicer like in your alaska dark theme (here the light example from your alaska thread)

i would like to implement your mini apple music theme (music playing) but i can’t get it to work. i could give you a screenshot of the little but disturbing mistake when i’m home this evening…

btw: is it possible to have a list view within album folders? so, artist and album folders in thumbnail view and the tracks in it in list view??