Puis, pm2

How to disable PM2 (power management) on WD Serial ATA hard drives. PUIS parameter was software modified and because of a firmware bug, it can’t be undone.

I have to (all the time) boot the PC running a set of commands to wake up the device  ( wd firmware bug)

Power-up in standby…yeah right

Try CrystalDisk…

…and do what ? Nor crystaldisk or other software may help with this matter. I hoped I’d get a more professional help

Seems no “Professional” had viewed your post for past three weeks…

The WD Community was created for Users, such as yourself, to help one another, and to share your experiences and ideas with one another. As Moderators, we are here simply to facilitate and oversee the community. If you have a question relating the what’s going on in the community, we will be happy to respond. However, if you are looking for technical support from WD, you will need to contact them directly.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

And I did contact them but they know about the issue and don’t have a fix…they just wash hands and propose to return the product into service. I’d do that but it’s out of warranty. That’s a big black ball for WD. I’ll stick to other brands