Public Document Hub

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to set my MyBookLive up to become a document hub for a private group of people without giving them individual access.

I would also like to know if it is possible for said group to upload their own documents.

My ultimate goal is to create a document hub for people to come and go and download/upload as they wish.

Is this possible?
Thanks for your help in advance!!

Hello,

What you can do is to create a shared folder so the whole group can access with the same user credentials and save the information onto the My Book Live. Now, can you specify if the people will access the drive remotely or locally and what type of devices they are going to use (PC, Mac, Mobile devices)?

I’m not sure what you mean by “without giving them individual access”. You could set up a Public share that would require no credentials at all, but you would want to control access some way. If all the users are on the same LAN and it is alright if all devices on the LAN have access to your documents then the setup is (probably) trivial. (I’ve heard that some environments do not allow public shares. That would be a problem.)

As already mentioned, we really need to know what type of devices would require access.