Provide Feedback Here

The Theta S is one of those 360 cameras, I’m connecting it via the USB port on the MPWP. I can see that it’s connecting as a PTP device on the MPWP by using the lsusb command.

What I did:

1. Reverted back to 1.01.11
  2. Took a photo, connected to MPWP, and copied from the camera via the web interface.
  3. Downloaded logs
  4. Upgraded to 1.02.20
  5. Upgraded to 1.02.24 via the web interface.
  6. Took a photo, connected to MPWP, and copied from the camera via the web interface.
  7. Downloaded log

I zipped both log downloads together, you can find it at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08mmPWfQyrUMVVrazVpSW1oVE0/view?usp=sharing

Sorry, I didn’ get the logs it worked correctly a few minutes later.
The error popped up when I clicked the “Install update” button on the
Firmware screen.
I was going from .22 to .23 when it happened.
I’ve been doing all of the upgrades in Chrome browser on a Windows 10 PC.

Hi James,

Still the same, did the reboot and self test - passed. I also tested with my office computer which is Window and window didn’t see the MPWP at all tried to switch from port to port and nothing happen.

Gun

Thank you @PuDLeZ for the extra effort in testing and providing the logs. I have created an incident for our QA team to investigate. If we need more info or have an update, I will contact you.

@jrichard

@Craig_Buehler

Thank you, I will have our QA group re-test Chrome w/Win 10 to make sure the issue doesn’t happen. We will test both 1.x and 2.x upgrades a few hundred times to verify there are no issues

@jrichard

@Craig_Buehler

Our QA group ran some further tests and were not able to reproduce the issue. This could have been a one-off error case. If you see it again, please get the logs and submit them to me.

We will continue to do iteration testing in the hopes of seeing the issue.

@jrichard

@PuDLeZ

Thank you for the logs, the Developer looked through both the 1.x and 2.x logs but could not see any error condition. They also tested with a borrowed Theta S 360 camera but could not replicate an issue. Are you still having an issue with the camera on your MPWP? You mentioned that it was a Detection / Mounting issue.

Can you test with another Cable, some times we have seen cables that do not make good connections. Also, it may be a timing issue, please tell me if the camera is detected if you leave it plugged in for 5, 10, 15 or more seconds.

Do you see mounting issue with other devices plugged into the MyPassport Wireless Pro, or, is it just with the Theta device you see the mounting issue?

James

The issue was resolved after I went back to the 1.01.11 firmware. I assume you guys do some type of hash check before upgrading when using the webui otherwise I would think that it might of been a corrupt download for 1.02.23 (I think that was the version I had to take through the webui).

While I was having the issue, I tried 4 different cables, even confirmed that the cable that came with the camera worked on my windows box. I even let it sit connected to the MPWP for a couple of minutes and refreshed the webui page without any luck. That’s the reason why I first went back to the 1.01.11 firmware to confirm if it worked. Really wished that I confirmed it worked before applying the beta version so I could of stayed in the broken state.

Thanks @PuDLeZ

If you see the issue again, please let us know. For now, I’ll mark it as resolved

@jrichard

Hello James, My “MPWP” get latest firm with out any problem.
Thank you James.

so ,I have some basic question,

Q1:there are many files and folders on MPWP as factory default.
Is there anything must not delete, such like system files, as much as user visible?

Q2: I have time stamp problem on MPWP.

A photo is taken by PM12:00 Camera setting is JAPANESE time(GMT+9)

Copy a Photo to MPWP by iOSAPP manual copy mode.

Browse a photo on OSX or iOSAPP(all GMT+9)
the time stamp shows PM21:00

Way of copy or moving files(standalone auto, connected internet, from APP manual…) doesn’t matter this happen always appear and make me confuse.

Isn’t it fixable issue or Just product default?

Q3:When SD card is hand switch Locked manually .(just pull down SD card lock switch by hand)

MPWP SD slot:can not mount SD card.
Via USB card reader:Mounting and read and copy with out any issues.

Why I must do like that? MPWP goes overwrite wrong timestamp (PM12:00→AM03:00), even file is inside SD card
it’s some time happened when many files copying, like over 1GB transfer
could you please fix these Basic issues.

thank you

I did field test today

copy 10GB of photos(NEF+JPEG) on sandisk ultra 64GB
How: Use SD slot,manual import by My cloud APP (iPhone7plus iOS10.2) w/o AC and wifi internet.
result:Q2 issue is appear as usual , Q3 issue is NOT appear!! good for me!

next time, I will test DNG+JPEG taken by RICOH GR2.

@MrDonothingman

Thank you for the inquires, I will try to answer your questions as best as I can

Q1. All of the files that come pre-loaded to the MPWP are free to delete if you wish. They are there to assist you in setting up the device and testing the media capabilities only. None of them are essential to the operation of the device.

Q2. We have not seen this issue in QA testing. Can you please send me logs and screen shots of the issue, with the logs and screen shots we can investigate further

Q3. QA has not seen this issue, can you tell me the make/model of the SD card you are using? Can you test a few times and get the logs as the card is in the device and not working, this will help us to investigate

Q4. time stamp, again, can you get logs and screen shots for this issue, we are investigating a few other reports like this and would like to add your data to the open investigation

@jrichard

With the latest version, I have noticed a couple of things:

1. If I have a tab selected, log out, and then log back in, the Dashboard is in focus but it shows another tab as selected.

2. Sometimes there is a lag in surfacing my chosen wifi network names

3. When I go to change the channel of the 2.4 GHz network from “auto”, I then receive the attached error.

I’ve attached my logs as well.

systemLog_WXG1E654CUSA_2121581482386301.zip (1.1 MB)

@8BitKid

Thank you for the feedback, and for participating in the BETA. See my answers to your questions here:

The Web Dashboard needs to be refreshed each time you launch it, seeing the tab out of focus is expected behavior at this time.

Wi-Fi Scanning takes place sequentially in the 2.4 GHz band first, moving from channel 1-11 (US) or 1-14 (EU) and then on to the 5 GHz band 36 - 165. If the SSID you are looking for occurs in the High 5 GHZ band, then it will appear after all the lower bands have been scanned. Also, network congestion will delay the scanning and display of SSID’s.

Thank you for the log, can you tell me what device you are using when directly connected to the MPWP? Is this a PC (Win or Mac) a Mobile Phone (iOS or Android) or a Tablet (type & OS) ALSO, what is the make and model of your Access Point (AP) you are connecting the MPWP to. While this issue should not happen, there are some instances that can cause network channel interfere which may lead to this issue. With the above + Log you provided I can have our QA investigate further.

1. From a UX perspective, it would be helpful if the web dashboard had a sense of state at the per-user level or at least if it always defaults to the main dashboard view, that should be the selected tab (as opposed to whatever is cached).

2. I have noticed this is slower considerably than the last stable build FWIW.

3. I’m on a Early 2016 MacBook running the latest version of macOS. I’m currently at a hotel running an A/B/G/N on “Ruckus wireless.”

A1: thank you for exact explaining!!

A2: still I have problem for time stamp issue, I made test report for you, please analyze this issue
I expect you will fix the bug. Please!!

A3:I tried locked SD card mounting and it is possible, I’m very sorry about mention this issue.

A4: it’s big problem for me, still MPWP destroy file time stamp on SD card
it’s too difficult to take a log file when MPWP made time stamp mistake, I don’t know why log file is not comming to PC
so I tried many times and finaly I got a log file

please investgate these issues
I will attach screan shots, log files and excel file.

thank you

20161223MPWPissue.zip (2.6 MB)

Thank you for the inquires, I will try to answer your questions as best as I can

Q1. All of the files that come pre-loaded to the MPWP are free to delete if you wish. They are there to assist you in setting up the device and testing the media capabilities only. None of them are essential to the operation of the device.

Q2. We have not seen this issue in QA testing. Can you please send me logs and screen shots of the issue, with the logs and screen shots we can investigate further

Q3. QA has not seen this issue, can you tell me the make/model of the SD card you are using? Can you test a few times and get the logs as the card is in the device and not working, this will help us to investigate

Q4. time stamp, again, can you get logs and screen shots for this issue, we are investigating a few other reports like this and would like to add your data to the open investigation

Unfortunately after replacing my internet router the issue with disconnecting isn’t resolved, so it does appear to be a WD Passport issue.

The situation is as follows:
I can connect my WD PP to the correct wifi network (RoMaNet 4G Home). I can use the device, for instance watching a movie with Plex. But after an unknown amount of time being not used, it disconnects from the network. My router shows that the device is still connected, but I am unable to reach it through the web interface and can not connect to Plex or any other way. I have to connect my laptop to the wifi network that is created by de WD PP to access the web interface. There I do get the error that the device is not connected to the Internet and I have to reconnect it to the correct wifi network. I basically have to repeat this on a daily basis.

My firmware version is: My Passport Wireless Pro v1.02.24

I do have logfiles from before the manual reconnect to the correct wifi net.

@roma

Thank you for the logs and information, can I ask a few more questions, with these answers it will be easier for our Developers to look into the logs and the issue:

1. What is the Make, Model, and FW version of the internet router you are using?
  2. Do you have other devices (phone, laptop) directly connected to the MPWP (not through the router) at the same time?
  3. Can you verify the MPWP Network Settings, Wi-Fi Inactivity & Auto Reconnect are?
  4. Did you have the same issue with the previous 1.01.11 FW with the same Router?
  5. In the logs you provided, what is the SSID of your router?

Cheers
@jrichard

Hi @jrichard,

Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:

1. Huawei E5186s-22a 4G LTE router fw. version 21.313.01.00.00. It’s a mobile broadband router. used with a mobile SIM card due to bad cabled connectivity around here.
  2. No, all devices are connected to the LTE router and not to the MPWP, except my Apple TV IV.
  3. It never disconnects at wifi inactivity, it does automatically reconnect. Settings are correct.
  4. I’m afraid I can not recall that for sure, I don’t believe so. I believe it started with the firmware before the latest (v1.02.23?).
  5. SSID ‘RoMaNet 4G Home’

To me it seems the MPWP disconnects from wifi after x-time of inactivity. It doesn’t do that fully since my router still registers the connection. I found out that if I disconnect that connection from the router, the MPWP rebuilds a working connection. It seems the disconnect is only at one side. My router is replaced recently due to another issue. But the issue is also there with the new router. I believe it’a an issue at the MPWD side since it started with one of the recent firmwares.

Thanks for the support. If you ned more information, just let me know.

Edit 7th januari 2017:
Again my Passport isn’t accessable, just a couple of hours after a reboot with the button on the back. Reboot needed for the same reason. I had to use the network created by my Passport to log in (RoMaNet Passport 5).
In the interface it shows it is connected to the correct wifi net (RoMaNet 4G Home), though through that network I’m unable to access the device by computer or iPhone app. My router shows that my Passport is not connected. This disconnecting behaviour repeats after a couple of hours.

screenshot

Sorry to say, but I’m so disappointed in this product… so much.

No logfiles attached since it wasn’t even able to produce them.Tried many times before I pressed the button on the back… again. Apparently it needs internet access to produce them. Well, what can I say.

Edit 15th of januari 2017
It seems all support is gone…

But that doesn’t matter. My MPWP died today. It just makes some funny noises when booting up and after about 60secs all lights flash. Not possible to access any file, not in network mode, not in USB mode. It’s completely broken.

I guess at least that fits my expectations. What a waste of money!

You want the hard case back? I have no use for it anymore.