Procedure for installing old firmware?

Hi guys

I cannot update to the previous firmware. I have done all the steps but when I type:

updateFirmwareFromFile.sh sq-030401-230-20140415.deb

I get an error message:

-bash: /usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I think it’s an error on the updateFirmwareFromFile.sh file. I have edited it using WordPad.

Can anybody upload in any server the correct and EDITED updateFirmwareFromFile.sh file??

Thanks in advance

BTW, you may just edit /etc/version file via nano and change version from 4 to 2. Then update will go flawlessly.

CLOUD:~# nano /etc/version

File is here, except it is taken from previous firmware, not latest v4.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MkQQVqqs20WWxBTVc1OU43ZEE/edit?usp=sharing

Hi xslip

Thanks for the file but I’m seeing that this is the ORIGINAL file, not the MODIFIED.

I need the MODIFIED one with the # before the lines, because if I modify it with WordPad, I get the error message :frowning:

I do not have modified. I suggest you to run 

nano /etc/version 

then change 4 to 2 in it. Then Contrl+X, then Y to save the result

After that this shell script should run correctly. For me it helped without any changes. Also you can modify shell script with the same nano command, insert ‘#’ where needed, than also Cntrl+X and Y to confirm.

Please do not forget to run 

chmod 777 /usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh 

This will give full access to file (including rights to run it) to every user of ssh

there’s an easier way to roll back your FW. if you don’t mind voiding your warranty. ill just finish reading the guidelines so i know if i’m gonna violate anything for sharing something.

I finally got WD support team to assist me to downgrade. It’s fairly simple and requires very minimal SSH. I have created a thread with the instructions. Link to the thread -
http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Easy-method-to-downgrade-to-previous-version-of-the-firmware/.

Thanks work great :slight_smile:

I have some great sofftware installed and 64k page size not compatible

I’ll banned the 4.00 from my nas