Problems with NTFS driver?

Hello!

I use player WD TV Live (firmware: 1.04.17_V). There is a small problem with usage of the Russian text in filenames on external hdd and flash drives formatted in file system NTFS. Some files and folders are lost or the error “There is no media in the current folder”.

Steps for reproduce:

1. Take a pure flash drive and format in NTFS. 

2. Download archive http://www.sendspace.com/file/pa0o26 (there only folders and empty files) and unpack in a flash drive root 

3. Connect a flash drive to WD TV Live. 

If you try to view video through folders from this flash drive (Video > Local Drives > Folders), the player shows the message “There is no media in the current folder”.

If to do too most with a flash drive formatted in FAT32 all works perfectly. There are any problems with NTFS driver?

Thanks.

What is the size of the flash drive that you formatted as NTFS?

I checked on these devices:

1. Kingston DataTraveler 2GB

2. Transcend JetFlash 8GB

Can somebody from WD team will answer?

Possible bug in Unicode support on NTFS partitions?

The WD Community was created for Users (such as yourself) to help one another, and to share your experiences and ideas with one another. However, if you are looking for Technical Support from WD then you will need to contact them directly.

It would be best to contact WD for Technical Support on your case:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I tested this with several flash drives (including a Kingston DataTraveler) and I was unable to reproduce the issue described above. Are there any other details you can provide me, such as how you formatted the drive? Was it formatted in Windows? Which version of Windows? What was the process in Windows that you followed to format the drive?

I formatted flash drives on Ubuntu 10.04 with usage of program Disk Utility (System > Administration > Disk Utility).

Today I have decided to make the test on Windows XP SP3 with usage of the standard utility for formatting.

The result of this test differs from initiating (formatting in Ubuntu), but all the same works not truly. 

Folders of the first and second level are displayed, but at attempt to come into any of folders of the second level the error is produced “There is no media in the current folder”.