Problems with icons on thumbnails

I have the WD TV live Plus

I have made custom thumbnails for my video files. The thumbnails appears but with small fold icons in the center of

the image.

Is there anyway of getting ride of these icons.

No.  It’s a bug that was introduced in Fw.  1.04.10.   WD is aware and have said they’re working on a fix.

Where did they say they are aware and working on a fix? Another firmware was released since this bug was introduced and they didn’t fix it (I can’t imagine it is hard to reproduce or hard to fix…).

If I recall, It was in one of the threads for 1.04.10 somewhere… 

JEDI_33 wrote:

(I can’t imagine it is hard to reproduce or hard to fix…).

The “easy” fixes aren’t always as easy as they seem, nor does the relative apparent ease of a fix guarantee it’ll be in the next firmware. WD’s priority list is a mysterious thing! :wink:

There hasn’t been much noise about this issue compared to others, which might explain why other issues are being addressed first.

While what you say might often be true I highly doubt it is the case for that bug. It was working before .10 and not displaying it (as everybody seems to want, check the firmware threads) or changing the coordinates can’t be that hard to do (if it is, there are some serious design problems in the software IMO).

Well, lets add my voice to the chorus . I get great thumbnails on Pandora, but not on my iTunes. Did I do something wrong? I’m pretty sure I loaded the thumbnail files along with the mp3 files.

stoc1173 wrote:

Well, lets add my voice to the chorus . I get great thumbnails on Pandora, but not on my iTunes. Did I do something wrong? I’m pretty sure I loaded the thumbnail files along with the mp3 files.

• *The thumbnail files must be embedded IN the file.