Problems of all kinds My Passport Wireless Pro

Hi guys,
I just bought a new My Passport Wireless Pro and it’s not identifying/downloading from my inserted SD card. Reading up on what could cause this from the WD website, they recommend downloading the latest firmware. No problem. Except I can’t get to the Wireless Pro Dashboard; after clicking on the given local address, I’m getting a “This site can’t be reached 192.168.60.1 took too long to respond” message. The things it advises me to try at this point (check your connection and check the proxy and firewall settings) I’ve completed and I don’t see a reason why this wouldn’t work. I then ended up downloading the firmware to my Mac via zip file, and I’ve extracted the contents in what appears to be a dmg file. Now I can’t open the dmg file. I click on it, I click “open” and the icon flashes for a second and then nothing happens. I get no message or anything. If I right click on it and select “open with” it gives me one option: DiskImageMounter (default). When I select this, again, nothing happens, nothing opens.
So I’m kind of stuck and at a loss of what to do next. I simply want this thing to work, but the first 2 steps I’ve taken to try and fix it don’t even work. What am I missing here?
Thanks for any and all help.
Dave

You’re doing this while connected to the MPW’s wireless network, correct? (Not your normal home network).