Problems creating a new account for Cloud access and others after upgrading to my cloud os5

@joycee Have you opened a support case and sent system logs to support?
@Swanesang what’s your support case number and have you provided the system logs?

@SBrown
I am keenly aware that it takes a little bit to fix those errors, but i’d like to know how come it takes so long time?
We were all confident that we had bought a very good device and that WD wouldn’t permit those mistakes to happen because we all knew that they care about all of their customers…
But what i am reading about these OS release is that it is a completely, huge an ugly failure.
I don’t know what others think about all the time wasted and about all of its consequences, but to me it’a clear that if I don’t get the fixes in a reasonable period of time, i will switch to another devices made by another producer…
And that’s all!
I think that from now on i eon’t reply anybody, but i’ll just wait the period that i decided to be my “event horizon” to get the fixes or to switch…
However, a BIG THANK YOU to WD for their attempt to loose customers…

@mea6603 @Swanesang someone will be contacting your shortly.
The issue is Volume_1 being on /mnt/HD/HD_b2 instead of /mnt/HD/HD_a2

I’m also having this issue since updating to os5, will this be put in the next firmware update? Please don’t make me have to format my drive.

@kinge504 what’s your support case number and have you attached the system logs?

@SBrown #210112-002732
Logs have been submitted

@SBrown also the same issue brand new out the box mycloud asked to updated and now cannot add a users email to the account under cloud access! any ideas on a permanent fix as it looks bad a new unit not working on day 1

@kinge504 your issue is the same with Volume_1 on Volume_1 being on /mnt/HD/HD_ b 2 instead of /mnt/HD/HD_ a 2. Someone will be contacting you shortly.

@dannymannix support case and system logs?
I doubt that your issue is related to Volume_1 being on HD_b2 but it’s best to check

@SBrown logged under Reference #: 210112-004769 screen shots of log sent and system report sent but not extended

thanks

What about my case?

Hi All
I have resolved the issue, i think it has to do with the way the new OS5 indexes files to the cloud but in essence what happed in my situation i am running 2 x 10 TB drives in raid 1 and with the firmware upgrade the system placed volume2 ahead of volume1, This then created the out of space errors and the no internet error as the system saw that volume 1 is missing hence no space to do any downloads and the disconnect of the internet connection. Luckily i had backed up all the data and when i did a NEW Raid 1 format the system wrote the volumes in the correct order and presto the cloud access are fixed.

I hope all this helps, i want to thank WD Support for all their assistance to get this resolved .

Hi All
I have resolved the issue, i think it has to do with the way the new OS5 indexes files to the cloud but in essence what happed in my situation i am running 2 x 10 TB drives in raid 1 and with the firmware upgrade the system placed volume2 ahead of volume1, This then created the out of space errors and the no internet error as the system saw that volume 1 is missing hence no space to do any downloads and the disconnect of the internet connection. Luckily i had backed up all the data and when i did a NEW Raid 1 format the system wrote the volumes in the correct order and presto the cloud access are fixed.

I hope all this helps, i want to thank WD Support for all their assistance to get this resolved .

Your issue is the same.
IE: Volume_1 being on /mnt/HD/HD_ b2 instead of /mnt/HD/HD_ a2
Someone will be contacting you

@Swanesang
I need to ask you further informations.
I haven’t a backup, but i have a raid 1 with 2 3tb hdd. If i take out volume one which contains the same data and disable the raid 1 so only volume 1 should still contain the data, if i take the volume 1 back in the slot and enable afain the raid 1, do you think this should work?

Hi
In theory it should work but if it was me i will just make a backup of all data just in case. I think you should just redo the Raid of the drives so that the system will recognise the volumes.

I think that i will try it! Unfortunately, WD support is not helping. I also opened a case and i have been contacted many times. Last time a person of the support team contacted me to tell me that he could remotely connect to solve the problem, but today are two days since the first contact. Then i didn’t get any further request… so i will try by myself… if it doesn’t work this way, i will simply switch to another nas from another producer and copy the data from the hdd which i will take out from the nas before trying to solve the problem.

@mea6603 I already sent an email and schedule a time for remote session, please check your email I already mentioned the time and date.

Thanks

@htb @SBrown

any update?

actually got cut off by one of the live chat agents yesterday whilst trying the fix he suggested! not what i expected from WD

I already sent replied on your case, with a request of generation new set of the logs.

Please do the following

1. Go to the Cloud access page, click on the admin account and turn OFF the cloud access.
  2. Sign in to the cloud again.
  3. Invite the user again.
  4. Generate the logs again.

How to Collect My Cloud System Logs

Thanks

1 Like

Hi! Any news on my issue? I don’t think it’s a volume error, do you?
Cheers,
Marc