Problems copying large files to my cloud

Just purchased a My Cloud 4tb and am really having troubles copying large amounts of files.  I have connected the drive directly to my laptop via ethernet cable provided and i began copying files but i keep getting errors on large files mainly movie files.  

Has anyone experienced this type of thing?

I copy regularly big Acronis True Image files (dozens of GB) without any issues. If you have recently uploaded a bunch of content of the NAS, it is busy scanning, indexing, thumbnailing, etc.

Early on, my direct to My Cloud backup images from Acronis would get interrupted after a few GB, but now that my media content is marginally changing on the My Cloud, I don’t have such issues over Wireless N (144Mbps).

barkerw wrote:

Just purchased a My Cloud 4tb and am really having troubles copying large amounts of files.  I have connected the drive directly to my laptop via ethernet cable provided and i began copying files but i keep getting errors on large files mainly movie files.  

Has anyone experienced this type of thing?

Click on the envelope at the top right corner to see your private mails in this forum :wink:

I am having major issues copying large directories and my iphoto library! I am not so happy with this purchase!

How do you make the copy? Through the desktop App, or through a mounted drive mapped to your share? If on an Apple machine, try to change to AFP or SMB when mounting the share.