Problems connecting Hard drive

Let’s remember here that the op seems to be only interested in music files and therefore file size limits do not apply. I would however go along with the other posters and suggest that it would be better to put a small amount of files on the hard disc at first to test everything out before throwing the whole collection at it. It may be that there are some files which the player does not ‘like’ and its stalling the media library build. Personally I don’t use the media library and as Pearl has suggested I would switch it off and start playing the music. As its in folders by artist then each track should be easy to select.

Its not that I am/was ignoring assistance…I didnt understand what I was being told…Ill turn off Media Library and give it another try

“Media Library” turned off…immediate success!!

Nice, not a perfect solution but at least we have narrowed it down. You can t-shoot the issue, which may simply be the ammount of music you have that needs to be processed, or you can choose not to use the media library. Do some searches and figure out if you care about any of the features that it offers.

At one time I was a huge proponent of the ML, but then I began to encounter a few odd issues, and also ended up using a theme that did not work well with it on. I have now had the ML turned off for over a year and feel like I am not missing out on anything that I care too much about.

Glad you are up and running

-P

1 Like

richUK wrote:

Let’s remember here that the op seems to be only interested in music files and therefore file size limits do not apply.

For the time being.  Most people have a variety of music, videos and photos on their media drives, so for future use, NTFS is preferred,  Although I don’t have a Hub, I would bet its HD is formatted NTFS.  Any new drive I buy today is also formatted NTFS.