Problems accessing USB Drive shared on PC

I have a USB 3.0 drive in my PC and shared it in Windows 7. When trying to access it via the SMP… I’m always stuck on the anonymous/password screen. I does it work ? I’ve tried for half an hour without success. Thanks for helping me. Frank.

Have you disable the option:

Password protected sharing.

I disable this in my Windows 7 and it is not asking me for any password.

Yes it’s ok for the password… I see the folder but then it keep saying “no media in current folder” always… if I plug something in the usb port of the smp, no problem, it works… the problem must come from a setting in Win7 sharing a folder…can you help ?

“no media in current folder” may actually mean no media of the current type you are looking for can be found.

i.e. if you use the “Photos” tab to try and look for  photos where there aren’'t any you’ll get this message.

(B y where there aren’t any I mean the currently selected source.

Try this go to the “Files” tab and see if  you can see select a source(media libray,local usb,Network Share,etc…)

dvdtekno wrote:

Yes it’s ok for the password… I see the folder but then it keep saying “no media in current folder” always… if I plug something in the usb port of the smp, no problem, it works… the problem must come from a setting in Win7 sharing a folder…can you help ?

Just for giggles.

Try formatting a stick or another small HD in FAT format and share it.

If THAT works, then look at the format of the other one.   If it’s NTFS, there may be some specific FILE permissions that aren’t allowing them to be shared.

I’m doing my tests very simple. I have a USB key (1GB) with folders of dummy files and real files… mkv with jpg for the cover… it’s working perfectly on the smp… working perfecly on the pc… plug in the front… or plug in a usb hub… i alternate the sharing folders and evrything is on the smp… if I do the same thing…same folders of dummy files and real files on a usb hard drive share on the pc… same privilege… it doesn’t work…can’t see the media on the smp… everything is formated in NTFS… drives and the usb key… what am I doing wrong ???

SOLUTION FOUND… on a USB Key the security tab in for ALL USERS… not for a USB drive… you need to add ALL USERS in the list…with read access… that way everything works… and by the way easier than that… you just need to do it on the drive not for every single folder… just add ALL USERS for the drive (security tab) and share it (share tab)…and that way all the folders inside it will work…