Problem with the remote control?

I have a problem with the remote control; Somtimes it does work and doesn’t work.  I have to turn off the media player and start over again; however, after a few clicks, it happens again (doesn’t work)  I already change new battery but it doesn’t help.  Anyone have the same problem? and what to do with this problem?

Try resetting the WDTV by pressing the side button with a paperclip / cocktail stick. Press for 1 second and then release with the unit on and fully booted up. The unit should reboot.

You have to hold the reset button for 4 seconds  exactly if you hold it down for to long you will change your display type

Lawrence wrote:

You have to hold the reset button for 4 seconds  exactly if you hold it down for to long you will change your display type

You don’t have to hold for 4 seconds exactly, as long as the unit is fully booted up a 1 second press and then release is all that is necessary (and documented by WD in the manual). Obviously it will still reset if you hold for up to 9 seconds but it is unnecessary - you know that its resetting by the fact that it reboots then you release the button. As you say the button should not be held in for 10 seconds or more as this changes the video system from PAL to NTSC or vice versa.

@ richUK

lilivy never stated what type of wd TV that he/she has. So I gave a universal response depending on the model PRESSINF for 1 sec will do absoulutly nothing. I have a older model and spent hours tapping the reset button until I called WD and I just assumed that the reset button didnt work. They instructed me to do it the proper way which is 4 seconds

Please read

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3646&p_created=1247269746&p_sid=6KPEglkk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTY5LDE2OSZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9mbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1SRVNFVCBXRFRW&p_li=&p_topview=1

Lawrence wrote:

@ richUK

lilivy never stated what type of wd TV that he/she has. So I gave a universal response depending on the model PRESSINF for 1 sec will do absoulutly nothing. I have a older model and spent hours tapping the reset button until I called WD and I just assumed that the reset button didnt work. They instructed me to do it the proper way which is 4 seconds

Please read

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3646&p_created=1247269746&p_sid=6KPEglkk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTY5LDE2OSZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9mbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1SRVNFVCBXRFRW&p_li=&p_topview=1

I stand corrected, however on my Live a 1 second press and release is adequate and it is the procedure detailed in the live user manual - I also checked this on my unit by pressing the button. However as WD have now updated their procedure in the knowledge base and based on your experience I will change any future advice to 4 seconds.

Thanks for your help.

My media player is WD00AVN;  I try to reset as your instruction but it still deosn’t work right.  If i want to go to another movie, i have to turn off completely.   I have the same problem as before.