Problem with Network Shares/Media servers

I have the WD Media Live on my home network with a USB disk attached to the Media Live.

My home PC is Windows XP.

I am able to view the contents of USB drive on my PC  as a network share, but when I go to “Network Shares” on the WD Live and click the icon, nothing happens. Same issue with “Media Servers” icon. It does not even give me a username/password option.

All other functionalities of WD live are functioning fine - (I am able to transfer files from PC to USB drive and vice versa and able to view files on USB drive…but I am unable to view files stored on my PC because my network share on WD live does not work)…

I have the same problem.  I hope someone has the answer.

trueplus wrote:

I have the WD Media Live on my home network with a USB disk attached to the Media Live.

My home PC is Windows XP.

I am able to view the contents of USB drive on my PC  as a network share, but when I go to “Network Shares” on the WD Live and click the icon, nothing happens. Same issue with “Media Servers” icon. It does not even give me a username/password option.

All other functionalities of WD live are functioning fine - (I am able to transfer files from PC to USB drive and vice versa and able to view files on USB drive…but I am unable to view files stored on my PC because my network share on WD live does not work)…

Please follow all the procedures noted here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WDTV-FAQ/td-p/32135#sharing

Thanks a lot !!!

I have the solution now. I had to change the name of workgroup in network settings to the same one I use for my PC. I have done the appropriate sharing of the folders and I am now able to access the PC files on my WDTV Live…