Problem with Network Share after connecting to Media Server

I’ve got a WDTV Live Streaming with the latest 1.04.12 firmware.

I can connect to a network share on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine.  I also have a PlayOn media server running on the same Windows 7 machine.  When I push the red button under video and change the source to media server, it connects to the PlayOn server fine, too.

The problem starts after I try to switch back from the media server to the network share again.  It sees the network share and lets me select it, but then the old media server items are still being displayed instead of the network share.  If I try to connect to the network share after that, it can’t find it again.

No matter what I do, it won’t connect to the network share again after it’s been connected to a media server.  If I reboot my pc and restart the WDTV Live Streaming, and turn off the media server on the Windows 7 machine, then I’m finally able to connect to the Network Share again – until I want to switch to the media server, and then the problem starts all over again.

I’ll add that I’ve also got a WDTV Live Plus that doesn’t have this problem, and it’s miles ahead of the WDTV Live Streaming in this regard as you can navigate to the network share and media server via separate menu items without having to “change the source.”

What am I doing wrong?

The drive with the network share is an external drive I recently moved from an old computer to a new one.  Once I changed the owner of the shared folder and re-shared it, everything seems to be working properly.