Problem with iTunes library.itl

I have two kind of problem with SmartWare 1.6.4 (Windows version):

1. As known SmartWare leaves pending a lot of files that are over 50MB. The strange thing is that sometimes them remain “pending” also after 2 days. If I’m not wrong SmartWare must copy this kind of file once every 24 hours. Is it?

2. SmartWare does not copy “iTunes library.itl” (iTunes 11.0.1.12) because it seems to be corrupted. But it works fine!!! I also tried to delete it and leave iTunes free to rebuild it. But nothing changes.

Any suggestions?

1. As known SmartWare leaves pending a lot of files that are over 50MB. The strange thing is that sometimes them remain “pending” also after 2 days. If I’m not wrong SmartWare must copy this kind of file once every 24 hours. Is it?

AFAIK, it should do the backup everytime that your computer goes to standby… it will look for the new files and the the pending files.

1. SmartWare does not copy “iTunes library.itl” (iTunes 11.0.1.12) because it seems to be corrupted. But it works fine!!! I also tried to delete it and leave iTunes free to rebuild it. But nothing changes.

What about reinstalling itunes? Have you tried that?

1 Like

Thank you ragdexx!

I forced standby in order to check your theory about the moment in which SmartWare try to complete pending backup.
Nothing changed! I have some .pst files pending since 27th of december!!!
In the last 2 days my pc was powered off, so these files didn’t change!

On the other side I will try to reinstall iTunes as soon as possibile.

Thank you again.

The only way to solve iTunes Library issue was to format WD Disk and bagin a new backup.

Now it seems to ba ok. I’ll check in next few days.