Problem with Continuous Backup - Passport Ultra 10th Ann. Metal Edition attached to a Win. 7 PC

I have a new My Passport Ultra 2 GB Metal 10th Anniversary External Drive and use it with a PC using Windows 7. When I recently installed it I did not have a problem having it do a  Continuous Backup but I had to unplug it from the drive and when I replugged it would not do a Continuous Backup. I need this for the work I do so it is important to me to have this feature available. How do I get the My Passport to always do the Continuous Backup?

Sorry I meant to say I have a 2TB MY Passport 10th Anniversary Metal Edition

Hello and welcome to the WD community.

If you are using Smartware software, try to uninstall the software from the computer and then try to re install it. Also try to use the drive on a different computer and check if you get the same issue.

I did an uninstall and a reinstall and it did not make a difference. The My Passport Ultra still won’t do a continuous Backup, what else can I do to get this to work?

Hello,

Try to run the Smartware as administrator, see if this helps.

I did everything as you suggested yesterday and it didn’t work, Today I downloaded and ran the Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics Test and even though it said everything passed - the Continuous Backup Feature is now working again. Don’t know if this had anything to do with it but for now it is working again as I expected it to. Thank you for your help and hopefully this problem has been corrected but if is isn’t you’ll be hearing from me again.