Problem with Acronis True Image 2015 (Restoring a backup)

Hi !

I got the 4tb WD My Cloud with firmware v04.01.03-421.  I do a full backup of my C drive to my WD My Cloud, it completes successfuly and it also validates the backup…

When i try to restore that backup to the same C drive using either from Windows or from recovery CD, it tells me my backup is corrupted…

Any REAL solution to this?  I used google to find solution and the only one i found was to copy my backup files from the My Cloud to a USB drive…  Which is not convenient at all!

I bought that fkin WD MY CLOUD for backup purposes to find out its not working as intended…

Thx for helping!

a pissed customer

Eric

not sure exactly how or what you are trying to restore or what state windows is in and what the recovery CD is. please provide more details

what exactly is telling you the backup is corrupted?

as far as I know you will need to use Acronis in order to restore an acronis backup. this implies you need a bootable PC with networking and with arconis installed and maybe a drive mapped to the arconis backup

I am not familier with Acronis but since it says the backup and verify was succesful that tells me it works with the mycloud so you probably need to contect Arconis for help

Simple…

Im using Acronis True Image 2015 WD edition (its like Norton Ghost)…   to do a full backup of my C drive, it saves boot infos, all windows settings and the full content of my C drive.  The backup is done directly on my WD My Cloud drive, in the PUBLIC folder so no credentials to enter.

Then i format my C drive

Then i use the Acronis Boot CD to restore the backup from my WD My Clould to the C drive.

As soon as the restore starts, Acronis is telling me the backup files are corrupted (which is NOT true since they pass the validation after the backup completes).

And if i copy those files from the WD My Cloud to an external USB drive and then restore from there, it works fine…

I wrote this same message to Acronis and they refer me to WD saying the problem is caused by the way WD MY CLOUD saves the files…

So now, im sent back and forth between Acronis and WD…

Thx for reading and if anyone else got same issue, pls reply to me !

you could try contacting WD support. this is a user to user support forum and we do what we can

My personal opinion is it sound like Acronis boot CD either does no have networing or has an issue with there networking since it verifies with the Windows networking

is your exact model network adapter on the Acronis supported list? many cars will emulate somthing else but not always perfectly.

how do you enter the backup information? do you browse to it? or need to enter the full path? are you sure it even find the backup file?

Yes it has network supprt since i can browse to my backup file on the WD MY CLOUD and i can select it and restore starts…  but when it tries to validate the backup file, it returns CORRUPTED…

And as i said, it is NOT corrupted cuz copying the same file to USB drive works…

I’ll try contacting WD supprt, thx for your reply…

I was hoping to find other members who had same issue and maybe solved it to tell me how they did it…

Regards,

you may but I don’t recall it ever being mentioned is why I jumped in to see if I could offer any help

I have used Acronis True Image v11 with the Plus Pack (So “Network” is an option for “Backup” and Restore") and I haven’t any issues with the My Cloud. I haven’t tried a restore since updating to firmware 4 on the My Cloud so I may be premature in this statement. :cry: All my backups were made with, and restored from, the Acronis BootCD. These were all made a MBR type boot. Have you tried the “Universal Restore”? -or- you can not get past the backup verification process?

Is you backup One Large File or into Split Files? Have you tried another BootCD?

im using acronis 2015…  u got version 11…  maybe i should try that one.

I tried remaking the boot CD, same thing.

Didnt try the universal thing…  I’ll try to find that option…

And also try to find Acronis 11.

Thx for the heads up, I appreciate !