Problem transferring files to my MyBook

I have a problem when I transfer my movie collection to the drive. I have the movies in folders and after a folder is transferred windows says that I have a network and to check my network connection. Then I have to skip that folder and go to the next. It seems to do this almost randomly on some folders, but not all. If I transfer the folders one by one it seems to work. Any suggestions on what might be the problem? My drive is the 3TB live version, so the transfers are through network.

The problem seems to occur during transfer of files (especially large ones) at random times. Seems like my computer has some problems maintaining the connection to the MyBook. Some times I can transfer a file to the end and sometimes Windows just says that there is a problem accessing the destination folder and gives options to skip or try again. Trying again never helps. I tried on my other computer and it seemed to work fine. Could it be related to my NIC possibly? I have a “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” and I’m running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Any settings I need to tamper with or… ?

Try resetting the router. You can also try changing the Ethernet cable and setting a static IP.

1 Like