Problem mit dem FTP Zugriff auf die WD MyCloud "von Außen"

Hallo zusammen!

Dies ist meine erste Frage und ich habe mir schon so ziemlich alle Konversationen über mein Problem durchgelesen und dabei nichts passendes gefunden.

Ich habe seit kurzem einen WD MyCloud NAS-Server zuhause. Nun möchte ich auf die Cloud ohne irgendwelche Apps oder Programme von überall zugreifen können. Und zwar über die Funktion des FTP Servers, damit ich den Server dann im Explorer als Netzwerkadresse hinzufügen kann.

Ich habe bereits einen Dynamic DNS Server eingerichtet (von no-ip.org) und auch die Portweiterleitungen auf meiner A1 WLAN Box (meines Wissens richtig) eingerichtet. Nun habe ich jedoch folgendes Problem: Sobald ich versuche über FileZilla von außen darauf zuzugreifen bekomme ich folgende Fehlermeldung:

Status: Unsicherer Server; er unterstützt kein FTP über TLS.
Status: Vom Server gesendete Adresse für den Passiv-Modus ist nicht routingfähig. Benutze stattdessen die Serveradresse.
Befehl: LIST
Fehler: Die Datenverbindung konnte nicht hergestellt werden: ECONNREFUSED - Verbindung durch Server verweigert

Die Verbindung über die interne IP funktioniert jedoch.
Wenn ich es über den Browser mit der Zeile ftp://adresse:port versuche, geht es von außen auch nicht, obwohl ich zum anmelden aufgefordert werde kommt danach:

425 Failed to establish connection

Ich hoffe sehr es kann mir jemand helfen.

Gruß,
Peter

Have you tried changing the “encryption type” in FileZilla to "Only use plain FTP (insecure)) as a test when accessing the FTP remotely?

Hi!
Yes, still the same errors.

Peter

Perhaps your broadband provider is blocking port 21. If this is the case try changing the FTP port from 21 to some other non standard value, making sure to change the port value in the My Cloud, your broadband router port forwarding section, and on the no-ip.org account (if needed).

Couple of additional notes. It is generally recommended to configure the WD My Cloud with a static IP. One uses their WD My Cloud User (and password) as the FTP login information. Carefully review the various port forward settings and the FTP settings on the My Cloud Dashboard to ensure all are using the same port values and if needed IP address values. Check the no-ip.org account to see if there is a special setting or configuration needed when using/running an FTP server.

I think I cannot change the ftp port in MyCloud. There are no configuring-settings.

I think I have to use Port 21.

Peter

Right forgot that the My Cloud doesn’t offer the option on the Dashboard to change the FTP Port number. You can still change the port number the remote FTP client uses by changing the incoming port value used by the router when it forwards that traffic to port 21 on your local network to the My Cloud’s port 21. For example configure the remote FileZilla client to use port 4660 for the FTP port, configure the broadband router’s port forwarding assignment to use the incoming port of 4660 rather than 21, and set the local network port 21 to forward to your My Cloud.

You should be able to test within your local network by pointing FileZilla to the public IP of your broadband connection. One can find their broadband’s public IP by doing a Google search for “what is my ip”.

I already had it done like you said. I used the Port 8021 for FileZilla and the Router forwarded it to port 21 and so to the NAS server. do you think i should try it with a fixed IP for the NAS? And if I do that, the fixed IP can be 10.0.0.5 for example right? And the gateway would be my public IP right?
Sorry for that questions but the more I read the more I get confused… :confused:

Peter

See the following WD Support document that explains how to configure a static IP on the My Cloud: http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=11384

The gateway IP address on your local network is generally not your public IP. The gateway IP address is typically the internal IP address for your router/gateway. For example if you reach the administration page for your router or gateway at 10.0.0.1 then that is generally the “gateway” address for your local network and the address you would use in the Gateway field when configuring a static IP via the WD My Cloud Dashboard.

Also, if you haven’t done so already it is recommended one read the WD My Cloud User Manual as there may be further information contained in that User Manual that may be relevant to your issue…