Problem in streaming videos above 3000K bitrate

I have a Dlink DSL 2750U router and a WD TV 2TB MyBook live where all the videos are stored. The wifi signal strength in WD shows all the 4bars most of the time. But any video above the bitrate 3000K with 320K AC3 audio fails to play smoothly and there is a lot of stuttering. Same video when played in usb plays well.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this ? Btw i use xilisoft video converter to convert big 1080p mkv videos.

Hello,

In order to assist you better please add the media info of the file that you are having this issue with.

To get more information about how to run the media info please click on the link below.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2745

If you install mediainfo ensure you untick the boxes so you don’t get the ‘extras’.

If the file plays fine from a USB connected drive, but doesn’t streamed well over wireless, then the most likely issue is your wireless connection (that has nothing to do with strength).

If you can, connect to your router wired and see if you have the same issue.  If the issue goes away, then the problem is with your wireless connection, which is a common problem when trying to stream large 1080p videos over a wireless connection.